Ral Partha/Iron Wind Metals Evil Wizard, Sculpted by Dennis Mize

72moonglum

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, 72moonglum said:

Good morning all you folk of the Reaper persuasion, who maybe should get their own pronoun, re.

Does that mean I'm a Rea-person?

Awesome job on the outfit - the magenta cloak works well with the black. Although I can't help thinking that his angry expression is because he just stepped on that thing he's holding* or one of the kids left it in his yard, lol.

*It's not a D4 or a LEGO is it?

Edited by Mad Jack
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, KruleBear said:

I always look forward to the great painting you give to old school minis. 

Great skin coloration and the pink cloak really works against the black robes. 

Thanks KruleBear, that's mostly what I paint these days, and more to come in the future!  Don't know why, if it's just nostalgia or if I just like the aesthetic of it all. I don't think it's completely nostalgic, because lots of these older minis I have painted I wasn't even aware of back then.

16 hours ago, Mad Jack said:

Does that mean I'm a Rea-person?

Awesome job on the outfit - the magenta cloak works well with the black. Although I can't help thinking that his angry expression is because he just stepped on that thing he's holding* or one of the kids left it in his yard, lol.

*It's not a D4 or a LEGO is it?

Yeah, we very well might be Rea-people!

Yup, probably a Lego from his kid's castle!

9 hours ago, Grand Slam said:

My favorite part is how you nicely highlighted the black robe and black hair with DIFFERENT colors. That's good planning that really makes the piece look nice 

Thanks Grand Slam, I was using lots of different somber-type tones, Dark elf shadow, Ritterlich blue, all the way up to white, even though I don't know if anybody can really ever notice the white because it's so thinly put there. 

2 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

This is getting boring, can you paint a little less perfect perhaps?

burns.jpg

I swear I'm not doing it on purpose, they just come out like they come out!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Iridil said:

Another beautiful job on an old mini! I love his cloak, the color, the texture.... how well is works with the black and the dead greas...

The dead grass helps cover up a little bit some issues on his base. When I puttied the base it was hard because the cloak actually went lower than the base itself.

• Like 2