Goblin Book Merchant - Wildspire Heroic Townsfolk (11 of 18)

Grand Slam

I like to imagine that this goblin learned to read about 5 or 6 words, he decided that made him a scholar, and then he went into the book-selling business.

In looking him over, it occurred to me that the torso and legs are exactly the same as the Halfling Necromancer I posted a while back. I was about to call shenanigans, but my research suggests that MZ4250 actually sculpted both minis.

PXL_20220922_214401149~2.jpg

PXL_20220922_214419512~2.jpg

PXL_20220922_214410841~2.jpg

• Like 16

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fun little mini! Glasses are great and after seeing all these Path Miniatures they are kind of inspiring and imaginative, if not the most technically excellent of sculpts, reminds me of the eighties and I love minis from the eighties!

you talk about the bottom half of him being the same as the hobbit necromancer, but I think that is sometimes kind of a common practice to use pieces and parts of a previous mini to create something new. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, 72moonglum said:

but I think that is sometimes kind of a common practice to use pieces and parts of a previous mini to create something new. 

Certainly possible...happens all the time in the action figure world (my namesake was comprised entirely of existing parts, as a matter of fact).

Thanks for the feedback, everyone.After looking at MiniPainterDman89's werebear a few days ago, I'm now thinking of painting this guy's teeth in. Thoughts?

• Like 1

Who says it has to be words? One of my favorite lore from Pathfinder goblins (which btw are my favorite take on the goblin race) is words steal thought from a goblin head so their books are symbols & other crude drawings. Wizards spellbook resembles a kid's picture book.

Great work on this one! Love the little details like the glasses & nice variation on the leathers & other brown colored items. Miguel Z does some great work!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Grand Slam said:

Certainly possible...happens all the time in the action figure world (my namesake was comprised entirely of existing parts, as a matter of fact).

Thanks for the feedback, everyone.After looking at MiniPainterDman89's werebear a few days ago, I'm now thinking of painting this guy's teeth in. Thoughts?

To the teeth, I say a resounding yes!  As much detail as possible/feasible!

• Like 2

On 9/29/2022 at 1:09 AM, haldir said:

Who says it has to be words? One of my favorite lore from Pathfinder goblins (which btw are my favorite take on the goblin race) is words steal thought from a goblin head so their books are symbols & other crude drawings. Wizards spellbook resembles a kid's picture book.

Interesting. I've never heard of this. I've never played full-on Pathfinder (just the adventure card game...which was fun).

I went ahead and painted the teeth in earlier today, and I really do prefer it this way. This is what I like about being part of a board like this - inspiration from one person's work leading me to make updates/improvements in technique.

PXL_20221003_025034340~2.jpg

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Grand Slam said:

Interesting. I've never heard of this. I've never played full-on Pathfinder (just the adventure card game...which was fun).

I went ahead and painted the teeth in earlier today, and I really do prefer it this way. This is what I like about being part of a board like this - inspiration from one person's work leading me to make updates/improvements in technique.

PXL_20221003_025034340~2.jpg

Looked good before, looks waaaay better with some visible chompers!

• Thanks 1