M.E.O.W. brings you October's Getting to Know You!

Corsair

13 hours ago, Corsair said:

Quizzle for 21 October 2022:

"I scream, you scream..." What's your favorite ice cream?

CHOCOLATE!!! Just straight up chocolate. Don't put any chunky, crunchy, chewy crap in my ice cream. It ruins the creamy texture! The only things allowed are Marshmallow creme, Hot fudge, or Bananas. 

Now, if this is an option, then Chocolate Ice cream mixed with Mint Ice cream. Not Mint Chocolate Chip Ice cream, I don't like chocolate chips or chunks in my ice cream. I just want creamy chocolate ice cream mixed with creamy mint ice cream.

OH! And Whipped Cream is always allowed on my ice cream.

If you've had the chance to try Andy's Frozen Custard, their chocolate custard is the BEST!!!!

• Like 10

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

14 hours ago, Corsair said:

I think I'm the only person who loves vanilla ice cream. The poor, villified poster child of somehow being tasteless, while in fact very tasty in a very sublime and not overt way.

I'll dig into some Mint Chocco Chip, Black Raspberry, Maple Walnut, or B&J's Chunky Monkey from time to time, but nothing is as good as vanilla, afaic. 

• Like 10

1 hour ago, CashWiley said:

I think I'm the only person who loves vanilla ice cream. The poor, villified poster child of somehow being tasteless, while in fact very tasty in a very sublime and not overt way.

You are not alone. My daughter and I both are connoisseurs of the vanilla bean, particularly as an ice cream.  

• Like 9

3 hours ago, CashWiley said:

I like Edy's Vanilla Bean, usually with a slice of pie to hold it up. 

• Like 12

5 hours ago, CashWiley said:

While it isn't a major be all end all for me, if it's a decent quality one.... I rather like Breyer's Creamery Style Vanilla. 

The 4L tubs though that Lucerne does?  Yeah, those arent my thing, but they're also rather bland, and don't have the nice depth of flavour that's there but isn't overwhelming that the Breyer's has.. 

• Like 8

Ice Cream?

No way to pick a true favorite - there are just too many that I'm partial to. Frontrunners include Ben & Jerry's Cannoli, Chunky Monkey and Pistachio. General flavors include strawberry, cherry, and banana, and I'm also very much a fan of nuts in my ice cream (chocolate-covered or otherwise).

• Like 9

21 hours ago, Corsair said:

There's a lot of flavours that I enjoy: Black Cherry, Peanut Butter Cup, Butterbeer, Tiger Tiger, Saskatoon Cheesecake, and sometimes I get Maple Walnut because my dad liked it a lot. And if it's soft serve, I like it with butterscotch even though it's hard to find now (a lot of places here switched to caramel, which is distinctly different).

• Like 8

Peanut butter cup, particularly Talenti brand.  Lots of Peanut butter swirl, and not over sweet.

I do miss the Gelato I got in Italy. Flavors like hazelnut- no chocolate or nut bits- just soft nutty goodness.  Even the milk flavored Gelato was wonderful.  I was there a month with the art history department, and since I can't eat tomatoes, more than a few meals were a few scoops from a Gelato cart.  

• Like 11

30 minutes ago, Corsair said:

Weekend Quizzle for 22 & 23 October 2022

Have you ever ridden/driven a motorcycle?

Never have I ever…

30 minutes ago, Corsair said:

Have you ever ridden in a Sidecar? [bonus point!]

Nope. 

( I lose the internets this weekend… )

• Like 10
  • Confused 1

On 10/21/2022 at 12:34 AM, Corsair said:

Either rocky road or chocolate with peanut butter swirls and peanut butter cups. I've also been known to throw a scoop of peanut butter into chocolate ice cream. I really do love rocky road though.

• Like 11

6 hours ago, Corsair said:

I have ridden a motorcycle a few times, but never been in a sidecar.

Having a motorcycle with sidecar has been an ongoing dream for a very long time.

• Like 10

Sigh, work has been....busy.  So catch up time....

On 10/7/2022 at 1:15 AM, Corsair said:

Quizzle for 7 October 2022: What is your favorite campy Sci-fi TV show or Movie?

Show, probably original Trek.

Movie: Spaceballs, or if superheroes count as Sci-fi, Mystery Men.

On 10/8/2022 at 1:04 AM, Corsair said:

Quizzle for 8&9 October 2022:

8th: What is your favorite snack?

9th: What is your pet's favorite snack?

PS: Get outta that Halloween candy!

Mine: Yes!   
Lately, these low carb "ice cream" on a stick from CostCo.

The cats?  Whatever my wife is eating.

On 10/10/2022 at 11:43 AM, Corsair said:

Quizzle for 10 October 2022:

Do you decorate your home or office space for holidays?

We usually do a bit for Halloween and more Christmas.  This year so far we just have some pumpkins by the front door.  It's all my wife for decoration.  I'm just the helper.

On 10/11/2022 at 1:19 AM, Corsair said:

Quizzle for 11 October 2022:

Do you have a family member who drives you NUTS?

I have a brother-in-law (wife's brother) we no long communicate with.  So yes.

On 10/12/2022 at 1:18 AM, Corsair said:

Quizzle for 12 October 2022:

Do you like to ride trains?

"Choo, choo choo, choo
Choo, choo choo
We're riding on the Tekkno train"

Listening to Electric Callboy currently.....although Techno Train doesn't really seem to be about riding on trains.......😉

The little bit I've been on them, they were fun.  I expect I wouldn't be able to sleep on them (since I can't on any other moving vehicle...cars, buses, planes, ferries...so that limits my desire to take a long train trip).

On 10/13/2022 at 1:30 AM, Corsair said:

Quizzle for 13 October 2022:

Do you dress up your pet?

No, none of our really cats enjoy that.

On 10/14/2022 at 10:18 AM, Corsair said:

Quizzle for 14 October 2022

Do you have regular plans for Friday Nights?

No Friday is normally an unplanned evening.  Usually a stay in, as I dislike crowds and it is a terrible night to go to the movies.

Last night was some exciting shopping as we needed to pick up a few things for my wife's trip to NS on Sunday.

On 10/15/2022 at 1:22 AM, Corsair said:

Quizzle for 15 & 16 October 2022:

What is the best movie sequel you have seen?

What is the worst?

Others have listed them, but I can't argue with:

Best: Terminator 2

Worst: Highlander 2

On 10/17/2022 at 12:59 AM, Corsair said:

Quizzle for 17 October 2022:

What one thing happened this weekend that just made you happy?

Last weekend?

Ugh.

I was happy the application upgrade I was involved with only went 5 hours over.... 13 hours on a Saturday was plenty.......

On 10/18/2022 at 1:29 AM, Corsair said:

Quizzle for 18 October 2022:

What is your favorite Anime/cartoon opening song or intro?

Cartoons: Flintstones is forever stuck in my brain.   Also the "Merry Marvel Marching Society" song... pretty sure those were in reruns even when I watched them *google*....  I guess the show was actually called The Marvel Super Heroes, and yeah, 1966.....

On 10/19/2022 at 12:53 PM, Corsair said:

Quizzle for 19 October 2022

Do you dress up for Halloween?

Only when required by my wife.
Although I do have a Heavy Mando helmet mostly printed.  So maybe sometime in the next 5 years that will get finished...

On 10/20/2022 at 12:53 AM, Corsair said:

Quizzle for 20 October 2022

What is your favorite way to travel?

[Is it really the 20th already?]

Driving.  Specifically me driving, not as a passenger.  I'm a terrible passenger.

Although the couple of times I've been on a corporate jet was pretty sweet.... other than that roofs on those things are generally a little low for me.

On 10/21/2022 at 1:34 AM, Corsair said:

Not grape nut....  😄

I tend to avoid real ice cream as it is not good for my blood sugars.  There are a few sugar free "ice creams" out there, but are very limited on flavours.  The above mentioned "ice creams" on a stick are pretty awesome.  A good vanilla dipped in a dark chocolate.  And there is a cherry vanilla in a tub that is pretty great too.

8 hours ago, Corsair said:

Technically yes.  I rode a dirt bike once as a kid, which didn't go great.  I've ridden a ruckus scooter around the paddock a few times as one of the other marshals has one.  And I've been "on" a 1000cc superbike while it was going around the track.  Mind you it was on a trailer at the time and was missing "a few" minor parts, like the fuel tank, battery, front plastics, a handlebar.....  Recovery needed someone to keep the bike on the recovery trailer while it was driven back to the paddock, as the rider was being transported in a different vehicle.

Sidecar, nope.  Love the looks of them , but don't know anyone who even has one.  And sidecar racing at our track had stopped before at our track before I started marshaling.  Considering most bike racers think sidecar racing is nuts.....

daytona-2-1176x588.jpeg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1