M.E.O.W. brings you October's Getting to Know You!

Corsair

8 hours ago, Corsair said:

Weekend Quizzle for 22 & 23 October 2022

Have you ever ridden/driven a motorcycle?

Have you ever ridden in a Sidecar? [bonus point!]

Ha ha, yep! When I was seven or eight, my dad built me a motorcycle. It was an old Honda 50CC bike. He made the seat himself, so my sister could fit on the back. The very first trip out, I ran into the doghouse and bent the fender, it's been like that ever since. I almost rode the wheels off that motorbike I loved it so much. I drove it until I looked like Dumb and Dumber with my knees up around the handlebars. At that point, we graduated to an old golf cart and the quad when it wasn't being used in the feedlot. My dad also had a Gold Wing, and we would ride on the back. It wasn't really my thing, but my sister loved it. She even fell asleep back there often enough that it freaked my dad out and he told her she couldn't ride anymore. 

I really wanted a motorcycle to drive to work, just a little dirt bike to go down the back roads, but I have Lillers to take to work with me. Dad won't let me get a motorcycle, he's had enough run-ins with bad drivers that he forbids it. 

• Like 11

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, Corsair said:

Why would anyone ride a motorcycle?  Get on a real Bike and pedal. Much less noisy.  Around here they have signs that say "Watch for motorcycles".  I agree, the people who ride them are nuts.  Weaving in and out of traffic between lanes and other things.

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

36 minutes ago, Great Khan Artist said:

I really wanted a motorcycle to drive to work, just a little dirt bike to go down the back roads, but I have Lillers to take to work with me. Dad won't let me get a motorcycle, he's had enough run-ins with bad drivers that he forbids it. 

I've seen people who ride with their dog in the sidecar.  One guy had a full sized poodle, with goggles and everything, on a vintage bike with sidecar....

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I have not ridden on or driven a motorcycle.  I've always wanted to, but the problem is that the ones that even remotely interest me (say, Triumph Street Triple, or some of KTM's Duke line) are so expensive I might as well put the cash towards a car, because the heating is kind of required for six months of the year around these parts.  And if so many drivers out there won't pay attention to pedestrians at marked crossings, red lights, other vehicles, or large red trucks that weight 20,000lbs... They sure won't pay attention to a motorcycle, just like they don't pay attention to bicycles. 

Biggest issue really is that it seems like I'd be spending more money on storage and/or seasoning the bike than actually riding it. 

As for a sidecar, I've never been in one, and odds are I wouldn't get in one since I have decent sized legs.  If I want to have cramped legs ill be a driver in a Ford Transit, or a Hino cabover... 

• Like 10

Sort of.  

A friend and I goofed around with an old dirt bike a little when we were kids. It was inoperative more often then not, but we did get to actually ride it a few times. I always wanted to graduate to a motorcycle, but never did for various reasons.

Never been in a side car.

• Like 10

9 hours ago, ejala said:

Peanut butter cup, particularly Talenti brand.  Lots of Peanut butter swirl, and not over sweet.

On 10/20/2022 at 11:34 PM, Corsair said:

Quizzle for 21 October 2022:

"I scream, you scream..." What's your favorite ice cream?

Answer is still Chocolate With Jack Daniels. (Which is the full name of the flavour, not me making a float with Whiskey and Chocolate Ice Cream.)

I have had this brand ^^ of this stuff.  It is delicious. Technical question: is it actually Ice Cream?

Gelato? Sorbetto? Differences?

• Like 10

Yes, had a dirt bike for a few years in high school.  Rarely ever seen sidecars so haven't ridden in one.

• Like 10

On 10/20/2022 at 11:34 PM, Corsair said:

My favorite ice cream is probably whatever happens to be in the bowl in front of me!   My preference goes to some form of chocolate,  though. Cookies are welcome additions if I can get them. 

10 hours ago, Corsair said:

I've not been in a sidecar, but have been on the back of a motorcycle/dirt bike.

• Like 10

11 hours ago, Corsair said:

Yes, I spent a few years of my youth as a biker chick. One of my boyfriends was in the racing scene, and we did some fun and illegal and very dangerous riding.  My other biker boyfriends were not that crazy.  

• Like 12

On 10/20/2022 at 9:34 PM, Corsair said:

I used to work at a place that explored 'modern cuisine.'  They made a pistachio gelato that was mind boggling.  Otherwise, I'm pretty much happy with any flavor, but I really prefer it to be 'soft!'

12 hours ago, Corsair said:

Yes and no.  Not a fan, really.

• Like 11

13 hours ago, Corsair said:

I have ridden on the back of a motorcycle, but I've never driven one. Friend of mine had one & he gave me a lift home one wintery day. It wasn't fun.

No on the side car, I've seen too many cartoons to get in those breakaways!! ::D:

• Like 12

13 hours ago, Corsair said:

I've owned a few motorcycles over the years. They're fun, and I enjoy riding them. Don't have anywhere to store them right now that's out of the weather so no sense in having one. Maybe when we get around to building a garage I'll buy an old Honda or Kawasaki to tool around on. 

I've never actually ridden in a sidecar. But there does exist a photo of me as a baby in my grandpa's sidecar on his Indian Chief from way back when. Pretty certain that's as far as it went because my mom would have killed him if he'd actually taken one of her children out on it. 

• Like 11

14 hours ago, Corsair said:

No to both. Sounds fun, but dangerous. Mom lost some of her family to motorcycle accidents, promised to never ride one so she won't have to worry.

• Like 13

15 hours ago, Corsair said:

I have ridden and owned a motorcycle.

Still have my license but it's been like 25 years ago. 

I have no intention to pick it up again. Or so my girl told me...

No sidecar...

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 12

6 hours ago, TGP said:

Answer is still Chocolate With Jack Daniels. (Which is the full name of the flavour, not me making a float with Whiskey and Chocolate Ice Cream.)

I have had this brand ^^ of this stuff.  It is delicious. Technical question: is it actually Ice Cream?

Gelato? Sorbetto? Differences?

Gelato: the milkbased icecream

Sorbetto: Fruitjuice based icecream

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1