M.E.O.W. brings you October's Getting to Know You!

Corsair

2 hours ago, Cranky Dog said:

Scooby Doo, mostly because Speed Racer was never shown in my area.

What he said. Hmm, noticing that all the canadians are saying we never saw Speed Racer. I've heard of it now but don't think I've ever watched it even once. Scooby Doo on the other hand I've been watching since I was little.

• Like 10

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

41 minutes ago, Zink said:

What he said. Hmm, noticing that all the canadians are saying we never saw Speed Racer. I've heard of it now but don't think I've ever watched it even once. Scooby Doo on the other hand I've been watching since I was little.

*ahem*  guess we just had different programming here in Edmonton...?  Only saw a few episodes, Scooby Doo was always available, and so I've seen most of the episodes. 

Now, if it were Gargoyles or Reboot.... Yeah, sorry to either of the first two choices... Or the Racoons.... Man I loved that show. 

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, ttuckerman said:
14 hours ago, Corsair said:

Quizzle for Friday, 28 October 2022:

Speed Racer or Scooby Doo?

Buffy and the Scooby gang.

I never saw either of the movie versions. I do remember SMG being cast as Daphne. 

• Like 8

14 hours ago, Corsair said:

Go Speed Racer Go! 

Speed Racer aired on Cartoon Network when I was a teenager. (We had an American dish.) It may have influenced my driving at that time... I've always preferred a Ski Doo to Scooby Doo. 

3 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Now, if it were Gargoyles or Reboot.... Yeah, sorry to either of the first two choices... Or the Racoons.... Man I loved that show. 

Dynamite Comics is bringing out a Gargoyles comic in December. It's written by Greg Farshty, the original writer who also wrote for Bionicle. 

• Like 10

On 10/26/2022 at 11:02 PM, Corsair said:

Quizzle for 27 October 2022:

Have you ever been to an outdoor concert?

I have been to music played outdoors, but nothing big.

16 hours ago, Corsair said:

Both originally aired before my time, but between the spin-offs and syndication I saw plenty of Scooby Doo as a child.  Speed Racer I've heard of but I've never seen an episode.

• Like 11

On 10/26/2022 at 11:06 AM, Corsair said:

Sorry I'm late,

Quizzle for 26 October 2022:

Is coffee necessary for life? [yours, or those around you?]

Yes!  Coffee coffee coffee coffee....  twitch coffee!!

On 10/24/2022 at 12:07 AM, Corsair said:

Quizzle for 24 October 2022:

Have you ever stayed up late to watch an Astronomical Event?

Stayed up most of the night a few times in Saudi Arabia just to star gaze, out in the desert.  Have tried to spy some actual events but never managed to catch any due to cloud cover...  

On 10/27/2022 at 12:02 AM, Corsair said:

Quizzle for 27 October 2022:

Have you ever been to an outdoor concert?

MANY and hopefully many more.  Metal festivals and concerts are better outside.  I have started to get the VIP/premium tickets now for the longer shows to get some seating.  Rammstein was the most recent, just this past summer.  

22 hours ago, Corsair said:

Scooby Dooby Doooooooo!  (I may or may not have a Velma thing...  but we don't talk about that).  🤐

Edited by Rahz
  • Like 9
  • Haha 4

12 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

*ahem*  guess we just had different programming here in Edmonton...?  Only saw a few episodes, Scooby Doo was always available, and so I've seen most of the episodes. 

I remember when I moved to Saskatoon in '92 and thought it was great I had 3!!! TV channels and more options to watch. A couple years later even had cable. Then I moved back to the farm in deep south Saskatchewan and was back to 2. A bit after that some house repairs wrecked the reception on one of them. Lived like that for almost 10 years before getting a dish. Now we all just watch Netflix or wherever we can stream what we want online.

• Like 10

On 10/28/2022 at 12:23 AM, Corsair said:

Ruh-roh... Raggy! Scooby Doo all the way. True story of the close bond and friendship humans and dogs form. And they contributed to society by putting criminals behind bars.

Speed Racer? Just another teenager who wanted to drive fast...

On 10/27/2022 at 3:56 PM, Jasper_the_2nd said:

I've cut way back on my caffeine over the last couple of years.  Thinking I'll quite it all together when I have my back surgery in a few weeks.  By the time I'm off the heavy pain meds I should be past withdrawal ....

Ooo, ah, well you'd think that, but watch out for the nurses once you are in recovery and snapping out of anesthesia. Every surgery I've had they've placed a can of soda into my hand before my eyes were even open and were telling me to drink... mainly because they wanted to have the caffeine to act as a diuretic and make it so I had to pee so they could ensure I was capable (due to catheterization during surgery)... nothing ever tasted so good, and now I just crave cold cans of soda. Sweet taste of being alive.

• Like 11

Weekend quizzle for 29 & 30 of October 2022:

We have 4 holidays coming in the next 2 months, Halloween, Thanksgiving [in the US], Christmas and New Years. Which do you enjoy most?

Part 2: Would you share a special memory from one?

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Corsair said:

Weekend quizzle for 29 & 30 of October 2022:

We have 4 holidays coming in the next 2 months, Halloween, Thanksgiving [in the US], Christmas and New Years. Which do you enjoy most?

Part 2: Would you share a special memory from one?

I must say I'm a Halloween girl. Probably because my birthday is so close to Halloween, it makes it "my" holiday. We even went to Salem, MA for my 30th. I love costumes and to be safely scared and candy. I love that Halloween is supposed to be commercial. 

When my sister and I were young, we all lived together in a little apartment to save money. My oldest niece was just a baby, so the loving couple enjoyed having a live-in babysitter, too. I worked at Wal-Mart at the time while going to college, and while we had Christmas Day off, Christmas Eve and Boxing Day were some of the busiest shopping days of the year. Because K was so little, I volunteered to stay late and close out the tills Chirstmas Eve so that the others could get home to their children earlier. My boyfriend worked nights anyway, so we would run into each other that way. We decided to have a Hobo Christmas and invite all the people who couldn't go home to their families for Christmas Day to our little apartment. Most of them were people from work; we had an immigrant fellow stop by, my boyfriend whose family lived in Ontario, P who was going through a difficult divorce and a few others. We didn't have much money, but my sister made cookies and sent everyone home with a goodie bag. We played Rock Band Christmas Day. P had so much fun, he wanted to come back again--my sister was like, we'll call you. It was back in 2007 or 2008, but I still fondly remember that Christmas.  

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1