The Cretaceous Gang

Hexxenhammer

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The riding minis and the two masked guys on the howdah are West Wind "Cowboy Wars" minis. Each pack gets you a mounted and on foot version of two guys. The driver of the triceratops and the 2 side gunners are from the Deadlands Great Rail Wars velocipede (motorcyle) set. I got 2 off of ebay. Took the wheels off of one and used it as the driver, and used the sidecars as the gunners. The guy manning the harpoon gun is a loader from the Great Rail Wars gatling gun crew. The Triceratops is from the Honorable Lead Boilier Suit Company and the deinonychus and nanotyranus are from Copplestone Castings.

Thanks for the nice comments.

AWESOME... JUST TOTALLY AWESOME!!!!!

BTW... I notice those Great Rail Wars miniatures. If any of you haven't played that game I HIGHLY recommend it. Unfortunately it's not really supported anymore but if you and friends can get into it you'll never regret it.

Again Hexenhammer... that is GREAT quality work and VERY creative!!!

Jeepers. Thanks Jag.

Seriously though, I'm not that good a painter. None of this blending, NMM or other complicated stuff for me. I'm more a paint it, ink it, highlight it kinda guy.

And I never played Great Rail Wars but I was gonna make some Savage Worlds stats for them. Close to the same thing I think.

Hey Hex... it's not whether you think you painted the models well or not (and honestly you did a great paint job too because the sculpts of GRW mini's take some painting potential away). What I'm impressed with is your "outside the box" thinking and creativity.

The Great Rail Wars game seems to exude a more relaxed attitude about players using proxies, especially something like what you've done here. I'd love to see these models on a table in a game sometime. That's the stuff that makes gaming fun. IMHO this mentality is what takes gaming to another level of enjoyment for everyone involved.

E.G.: I had personally used some zombie-ish looking undead Reaper horses to model a specific posse for GRW and it received lot's of praise and acts like a catalyst for other players to do more with their forces, and at the least complete their basic paint work.

Yeah... I'd heard Savage Worlds was similar. Not familiar with it though. Sooner or later I'll check it out. For now I'm totally stoked about the release of Warlord by Reaper.

Well, if you do anymore mod work like these Cretaceous Gang members, please do share with us again.

But can dinosaur-riding cowboys defeat pirate ninjas? :ph34r:::D:

Awesome work there, Hexx.

Of course they can!

Which reminds me. I don't know if anyone watches that new show "The Venture Brothers" on Adult Swim, but it's my new favorite show. Last week's episode featured Brock Samson throwing a ninja at a cowboy with a flame thrower riding a tyrannosaurus rex. The t-rex ate the ninja. I was dying with laughter.

There were also some frogman driven motorcycles with sidecars that had machineguns manned by polar bears. That would be a little harder to model.