Painting During the Pandemic 2022: October's Optimistic Objectives

After some burnout going into summer conventions, I am ready to get back on that horse and paint some miniatures

My goals for October are:

•  Paint a game token for Marvel United
  •  Paint this month's Mithril miniature
  •  Paint at least two figures from the annual box
  •  Paint this month's terrain piece

buckyball

Hobby goals for 2022

Painting one piece of terrain each month [ 10 so far]

Painting the 17 miniatures in my annual box and finish the one from last year [ 12 so far]

Painting  one game token each month [ 12 so far]

Painting one Mithril miniature each month [ 10 so far]

Use up my remaining clear acrylic bases, which will give me a reason to order more

• Like 7

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's been a few months since I've had any goals.  I'd managed to have a reasonably productive early part of the year, followed by some "summer doldrums."

Things are a bit better, so it might be time to start stepping things up a bit.

Goals for October!

1. FINISH All Hallows Eve (x2).  I kind of hit a wall with these two ladies.  The assembly was a little difficult (clumsy fingers and fine parts), and fitting the themes into the minis has been a challenge.
  2. I've gotten some assembly done on my massive Genestealer Cult, but now it's time to get painting: Patriarch, Magus, Neophyte Hybrids, and Aberrants (17 models).

I think that's ambitious enough given that I haven't painted in a few weeks.   I've got a few other things in reserve should I somehow make it through all that (or suddenly decide I don't want to deal with any particular portion of my goals).

• Like 7

I’m not sure what I want to do this month, and it’s going to be a disrupted one; my younger son has finished his PhD and has a job back in this area, so we are headed up to visit my parents and help him move.  

Last month was all about the 1/72 Portable Fantasy Campaign, and, for various reasons, I think that it would be best to lean into that.  On the other hand, my brother and I have agreed that this year’s Christmas meet-up will feature Dragon Rampant with vintage 25mm fantasy figures, so I have a few units I’m considering painting for that.  So, wishy-washy, but those are my stated goals. 😀

• Like 7

Burnout... yeah I hear you. 

Sept was super busy but I finished my RCL Duo, Trio, and 4+, and a few others making it  a total of eight figures for the month.  Planning to take it easy this month as I am getting tingling in my hands from pinched nerves somewhere farther up the arms and until I see the doctor I don't want to push it.   Got some terrain kits I am excited about and really want to dig into those.  Right now it would be assembly and priming, not too difficult.  Speaking of priming, our weather is mild and dry, perfect time to prep stuff for winter painting.  I'll think about it. 

• Like 7

I hope to get my vibe back so I can bring myself to paint again.

There's enough on my desk, I have enough ideas but I do not have the spoons for it right now.

Maybe one of those Reaper Undead, it's almost finished, I just need to apply that last touch...

Pfff...

• Like 7

This doesn't seem like too much at all. 

Start Yog-Sogoth (finish by mid December) 
3 reaper class minis - texturing (green cloak) + dots and dashes (ogre)+ Celtic knotwork (skeleton)
sculpt and paint a waterlilly cloak for a PC (holly monster) 
brinewind tavern bar scenery 

• 3 stools + 4-8 chairs 
  • 1-2 tables

Grag Elfslayer 
Spiritual  weapon

Overgourd  (picture from minispawn's Lunch bag.) 
- John Snow from darksword - modified to carry spear. 

WIP October.jpg

overgoourd sketch.jpg

Edited by Evilhalfling
  • Like 8

On 10/1/2022 at 12:10 PM, strawhat said:

Goals for October!

1. FINISH All Hallows Eve (x2).  I kind of hit a wall with these two ladies.  The assembly was a little difficult (clumsy fingers and fine parts), and fitting the themes into the minis has been a challenge.
  2. I've gotten some assembly done on my massive Genestealer Cult, but now it's time to get painting: Patriarch, Magus, Neophyte Hybrids, and Aberrants (17 models).

Mid-Month Update: All Hallows Eves have been completed.

Patriarch is mostly base-coated, and some Aberrants have gotten some of their more genestealery bits base-coated as well.  I'm still waffling on colors for the Magus and Neophytes.

• Like 6

Mid-month update...  I haven't even sat down at my workbench the past two weeks, however this past weekend I did get my new painting and arting area set up with the basics, and was able to work through a decent amount of things I nthe living room, so I'm quite happy about that.  Having a dedicated painting area again makes me a rather happy fox.. 

• Like 5