Painting During the Pandemic 2022: October's Optimistic Objectives

5 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Mid-month update...  I haven't even sat down at my workbench the past two weeks

Same here, however I did get quite a lot of plastic terrain pieces off sprues and through the priming box before it froze.   This month's Reaper order arrived yesterday and I've finished obligations to other people for the month, so I hope to get some relaxing paint time this week. 

• Like 6

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Inarah said:

Same here, however I did get quite a lot of plastic terrain pieces off sprues and through the priming box before it froze.   This month's Reaper order arrived yesterday and I've finished obligations to other people for the month, so I hope to get some relaxing paint time this week. 

I wound up basically ripping apart a bunch of the living room, finding new homes for things and getting it all a tad more organized, so I'm happy my energy went towards getting this set up, even if it's not how  I want it just yet... 

20221016_202732.thumb.jpg.f04639fb5e72afcfa11f289ef263f2a9.jpg

It's still really nice to have a dedicated area.  Over the next few weeks I'll sort it out so I can paint or draw with ease, and wet palette will wind up being on the left - just need a way of conveniently storing the oil paints first. 

• Like 6

9 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Mid-month update...  I haven't even sat down at my workbench the past two weeks,

Me too...

Was feeling very low, packed everything away and now can't muster the enthusiasm to set it all up again.

Hopefully, when my Reaper competition mini finally arrives I'll feel inspired, but I think I'm done for the month.

• Like 6

I posted a link to some painting back on the 10th, but was on the road to help move my son last week, and today I’m packing for another trip.  I want to fit in some paint on this one, so we’ll see. Miniatures will probably be more 1/72 fatnasy, since they are light and don’t look odd on the x-ray machine. 🤨

• Like 6

On 10/8/2022 at 11:26 AM, SparrowMarie said:

October goals:

• Finish something
    • Literally anything
      • I don't care what as long as it's finished.
  • Start working on D&D minis for Xmas presents for current PCs.

I have started the D&D minis. One is /almost/ done. They are all primed and just the one has paint on it. Nothing has been finished yet, I think. It's been a very busy month.

Edited by SparrowMarie
  • Like 6

On 10/1/2022 at 12:10 PM, strawhat said:

Goals for October!

1. FINISH All Hallows Eve (x2).  I kind of hit a wall with these two ladies.  The assembly was a little difficult (clumsy fingers and fine parts), and fitting the themes into the minis has been a challenge.
  2. I've gotten some assembly done on my massive Genestealer Cult, but now it's time to get painting: Patriarch, Magus, Neophyte Hybrids, and Aberrants (17 models).

Well, I did finish the All Hallows Eves.

I got some paint on my GSCs, but got a bit overwhelmed with all the detail on the Neophytes.  I kind of hit a wall taking it all in.  The Patriarch should be all base coated.  The Magus is nearly so,  The Aberrants and Kelermorph have all been started, but still show way too much primer.  I've also been dealing with too much personal stuff.  While painting would actually help my mood, it's also tough to motivate myself when that happens.

Here's to November!

• Like 5

I did most of what I planned - but switched RCL Trio mini to a troll, and didnt finish the overgourd -  One more session to finish the pumpkins and  a second to finish the pumpkin pile on the base - 4 hrs, probably over two days. 

Bar Terrain  - (reapers drunken mermaid)

Brinewind terrain (4 crates)

Spiritual weapon *

Table +4 chairs

Grag elf slayer *

Skeleton - celtic cloak freehand RC class 

Eli - darksword spearman (metal) 

Ogre - dots & dashes  RC class 

Ina- Sculpted cloak (metal & green stuff) 

Unarmed loathsome troll *

* means it is from the KS 5 core set - I am chipping away and will someday finish. 

EB322D51-A43D-4FB3-A4F3-06C7479BD071.jpeg

Edited by Evilhalfling
  • Like 7