Box of Goodwill round 13 picture/chatter thread

Chaoswolf

Welcome to the picture/chatter thread for round 13.

There has been a little talk about running a sci-fi box again. This would not be a box that is only for sci-fi stuff, it just means that it would have more than most other boxes. If you're interested in this, please mention it. 

Rat13

Lidless Eye

Ejala

GoddessTio

Marc

Hibou

Rat13

Corbie

Corsair

Count Urlik

1dunnj

BuckyBall

Kristof65

Corbie

Broonkah 

Msfnc

Disserma

TheMudHead

Howdy Hamster

Zloyduh

Broonkah

Matt Parody

Sylverthorne

Haldir

Cygnwulf

Samurai Jack

Jeep Newbie

Matt Parody

Chaos Wolf

Pcktlnt

Dilvish the Deliverer

Chaos Scorpion

McKenna35

Mutilated Lips

Chaos Wolf

Guindyloo

Feb

Ziggy

NkingSto

Old Curmudgeon

Star in Va

Guindyloo

Edited by Chaoswolf
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Heard about this on the Reaper discord. I participated in a similar thing years ago on Boardgamegeek for print-and-play gaming. Would there be interest in other gaming stuff such as  tokens, dice, etc? I certainly have enough Reaper minis to participate, even if it's minis-only. And is there interest in pre-painted game-specific minis? I have a bunch of stuff from the World of Warcraft miniatures game, but they're larger than usual RPG size and have factory paint jobs.

• Like 2

On 10/5/2022 at 5:04 PM, howdyhamster said:

Would there be interest in other gaming stuff such as  tokens, dice, etc? I certainly have enough Reaper minis to participate, even if it's minis-only. And is there interest in pre-painted game-specific minis? I have a bunch of stuff from the World of Warcraft miniatures game, but they're larger than usual RPG size and have factory paint jobs.

As for game pieces/dice, there's probably a little interest, but if you wanted to include those items, they'd be considered a donation, not a trade for something you took out. It's just simpler to keep it at a straight swap, figure for figure instead of trying to determine how many figures a set of dice is worth.

Also, in the sign up thread, you said: 

Not active here but heard about it on the Reaper discord. I have a clean trade/sale history on Boardgamegeek under this same username.

You don't need to start hanging out here if you don't want to, but I would ask that you at least check in here fairly frequently while this is running as we use the forums PM system for most communications.

A couple question for you, if you don't mind:

Is your discord handle the same as you're using here?

If you can't be reached here, can you reliably be reached there?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

You don't need to start hanging out here if you don't want to, but I would ask that you at least check in here fairly frequently while this is running as we use the forums PM system for most communications.

I'll still pop in every day or so while this is active. That's what I was already doing while waiting for a reply.

5 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

A couple question for you, if you don't mind:

Is your discord handle the same as you're using here?

If you can't be reached here, can you reliably be reached there?

Yes it's the same

• Like 3

Thanks for getting back to me.

Also, I apologize; I missed your second question. Yes, WOW figures would probably be ok. Some of the ones I've seen in person are close enough to be serviceable if you're not too much of a stickler for scale, and they can always be repainted. Once sign ups are complete, and I've had a chance to organize everything, you can always check with the people in your group to see how they feel about it.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

Thanks for getting back to me.

Also, I apologize; I missed your second question. Yes, WOW figures would probably be ok. Some of the ones I've seen in person are close enough to be serviceable if you're not too much of a stickler for scale, and they can always be repainted. Once sign ups are complete, and I've had a chance to organize everything, you can always check with the people in your group to see how they feel about it.

I would love to see those WoW figures! 

• Like 2

@Mutilatedlips:

You asked:

I have a small bag of metal bits that I believe can be reused,  

Does Reaper still recycle metal weight at Reapercon?

If so, is anybody from this thread going to Reapercon?

and if so, would anybody dislike having a small bag of metal bits placed in the box to throw their leftovers into and time it for the recycle person to receive towards the end?

As of this year, yes.

I will be, and I'm sure there are at least a few others.

I wouldn't have any issue with that, I'll let others answer for themselves.

A question for you: what are the metal bits, something useable like heads or weapons, or is it pieces of sprue and chopped off broccoli bases?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Chaoswolf said:

@Mutilatedlips:

You asked:

I have a small bag of metal bits that I believe can be reused,  

Does Reaper still recycle metal weight at Reapercon?

If so, is anybody from this thread going to Reapercon?

and if so, would anybody dislike having a small bag of metal bits placed in the box to throw their leftovers into and time it for the recycle person to receive towards the end?

As of this year, yes.

I will be, and I'm sure there are at least a few others.

I wouldn't have any issue with that, I'll let others answer for themselves.

A question for you: what are the metal bits, something useable like heads or weapons, or is it pieces of sprue and chopped off broccoli bases?

It's a mix. Mostly metal sprues, but a few other things you mentioned, like wings I chopped off or small animals that didn't make it onto a base. 

• Like 1

Just looked through the Inarah box! Will probably need to grab the paint cups for space -- You weren't kidding with that note! No idea how you got everything to fit -- and take out some of the toys, but I have some fun stuff to throw in. :3

• Like 2

4 hours ago, howdyhamster said:

Here's a sampling. I have like 30 of them because they were being cleared out at a dollar store a couple years ago. Bases are 40mm for scale (I need to get me a Sir Forscale for these things)

IMG_20221009_140048243.jpg

I would think that as long as they are usable with the majority of RPG figures, they are good.

7 hours ago, howdyhamster said:

Here's a sampling. I have like 30 of them

Ah, ok.  I don't think this is what I had in mind, but I'm still interested 🙂  Would you be able to snap a photo of all of them?  You can message me privately so not to flood this thread.  Or unless @Chaoswolf doesn't mind or actually wants those pics in here, just post here I guess.

EDIT:  BTW I appreciate you sharing that photo!

Edited by Zloyduh

17 hours ago, Zloyduh said:

Ah, ok.  I don't think this is what I had in mind, but I'm still interested 🙂  Would you be able to snap a photo of all of them?  You can message me privately so not to flood this thread.  Or unless @Chaoswolf doesn't mind or actually wants those pics in here, just post here I guess.

EDIT:  BTW I appreciate you sharing that photo!

Most of them are still sealed in plastic bags. I just grabbed a handful and opened them for that photo. I have a list of them here, wound up not making any trades, so ignore the want list:

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/2562202/article/36600327#36600327

And the website CCGcastle has images of everything opened. Not sure of the rules for linking outside game stores so I'll leave it at that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I was considering if I wanted to ask to be on a different box this cycle as I was in the same box several times before and was seeing some of the same stuff, then I realized that round 9 was the last time I participated, so yeah, should be some change now.....

• Like 2