Resculpting Holly Monster.

Last December I started an in-person, once a month gaming group.
and offered the PCs their choice of minis from my collection.    One player picked the unpainted, metal 
@Hollymonster figure to represent her Tiefling sorceress.  Because Holly is  one of  @Rainbow Sculptor
delightful Kid Scale adventures, the character is listed as 5' tall.   human scale, but short. 

I did my best to paint her as if she was a caster, not a warrior.  (image 1) 
3 sessions ago she was given a waterlilly cloak when she rescued an elf from the lair of an Aboleth.  Although most of the cloaks are enchanted in one way or another, this one functions as a tradtion (stealth) elven cloak.  but when not blending it returns to the Monet painting  of waterlilies as a default. 

I sculpted the cloak - doing a mockup with poster tack, then a final in greenstuff .   loved the way the back turned out,  (figure 2) 

Then when I was taking photos it occured that she would look even more like the character without a shield, and that with some cutting and 

more greenstuff  (image 3&4)  this is the largest change I have made to a metal figure. 

She did  look even better (5&6)  except that the folds in the back did not work as well,  and the impressionism was better in version 1.

so mostly satisfied with the results.  She absolutely feels more like the PC caster without the shield.  

Inamaia, tiefling sorceress of the Aberrant Mind Bloodline.  

Stage 1.jpg

rear w  shield.jpg

front sculpt.jpg

Over shield.jpg

final front.jpg

final rear.jpg

Edited by Evilhalfling
  • Like 9

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Evilhalfling said:

Then when I was taking photos it occured that she would look even more like the character without a shield, and that with some cutting and 

more greenstuff  (image 3&4)  this is the largest change I have made to a metal figure. 

Removing a shield can be one of the most work-intensive modifications you can do to a figure if the shield is in contact with (or even just covering) anything other than just the forearm itself....

Cut off the shield and you have to either resculpt anything it was hiding or re-cover it with something else. :rolleyes:

Great job on the modification, and the painting. 👍

• Like 2