GTKY: November/December Question Thread

TaleSpinner

Getting caught up!

On 11/10/2022 at 8:21 AM, TaleSpinner said:

Thursday, Nov. 10:

If you had to teach a class on one thing, what would you teach?

Miniatures Acquisition and Long Term Storage Options

On 11/11/2022 at 8:31 AM, TaleSpinner said:

Friday, Nov. 11:
Have you or any of your family have served in your country's military (TGP)? 

Dad’s father was in WWII.

On 11/13/2022 at 10:27 AM, Chaoswolf said:

Late weekend question:  

When you move, how long afterwards does it take you to get your hobby area/stuff unpacked and arranged the way you want it?

-or-

If you've never had to move, is your hobby area/stuff arranged the way you want it?

A couple of months to get it fairly functional .

I have yet to get everything set up just right, so not sure how long that takes.

On 11/14/2022 at 7:59 AM, TaleSpinner said:

Miniature Monday, Nov. 14:
How long does it take you to paint a miniature?

Actual painting time. Probably 1-4 hours per fig, depending on complexity. Could be up to 10+ for something important.

From when I prime until sealed? That could be decades.

On 11/15/2022 at 8:53 AM, TaleSpinner said:

Tuesday, Nov 15:

What’s the best advice you’ve ever heard?

(Doesn't need to be about minis.)

“If the women don’t find you handsome, they should at least find you handy”. 😉

On 11/16/2022 at 8:16 AM, TaleSpinner said:

Wednesday, Nov 16:
How often do you make your bed?

General when we change the linen

On 11/17/2022 at 10:23 AM, TaleSpinner said:

Thursday, Nov. 17:

What one thing can you tell others about in your local area that will instantly identify where in the world you are from (other than the name of your area, obviously)?

Sure is foggy….

On 11/18/2022 at 8:03 AM, TaleSpinner said:

Friday, Nov. 18:

What is/was your most unique pet?

Weekend Quest, Sat-Sun, Nov. 19-20:
Before and After:  Do something (clean a room, paint a mini, etc...), but be fore you do, take a picture.  Then at the end of the weekend, take another.  Post both pictures to show us the before and after.

Marty the cat. She was incredibly smart and full of personality. Still miss her.

Weekend: so I’m literally not supposed to do ANYTHING this weekend (recovering from spinal surgery; no bending, twisting, reaching, lifting anything over 5 lbs, etc)

I did start a Lego SW AT-ST…I’ll take an after pic of that. I’ll add a before pic later, it’s on a different device….

• Like 7

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 11/18/2022 at 6:03 AM, TaleSpinner said:

Friday, Nov. 18:

Before and After:  Do something (clean a room, paint a mini, etc...), but be fore you do, take a picture.  Then at the end of the weekend, take another.  Post both pictures to show us the before and after.

Someone in college had some type of lizard they didn't want to take care of, so they gave it to me.  It lasted most of the year before someone let it escape (or it did so itself.  I can't remember anymore)

No can do.  That would spoil the exchange mini surprise.

• Like 7

On 11/18/2022 at 1:03 PM, TaleSpinner said:

Friday, Nov. 18:

Unique pet. As for species, I had lizards, frogrs, toads, salamanders and turtles in my younger years.

As for behaviour, one of my former Boxers, Balthar, he could open any type of door even sliders. Ever seen a Jehivah Witness trying to close a door that opened? I did when Balthar opened the door for them...

Weekend thing, maybe later, maybe not I'm not really having a good weekend at this time.

• Like 4
  • Sad 5

On 11/18/2022 at 6:03 AM, TaleSpinner said:

Friday, Nov. 18:

Hard to say, all of my pets have had a lot of personality.

Just from a 'how'd that happen?' standpoint, the mutt we had when I was a teenager was interesting. We got him from some people who owned a Sheep dog and a Shih Tzu, and then all of a sudden they had a litter of puppies. I don't remember the whole story, but one of the parents was a purebred that they used for breeding, and the other was just a pet, and supposedly was fixed.

Edited by Chaoswolf
  • Like 7

On 11/18/2022 at 12:15 PM, WhiteWulfe said:

Here's my "before" pic then. 

20221115_192538.thumb.jpg.cac36bbeebad687704caf670a8ee394f.jpg

Faber Castell Albrecht Durer watercolour pencils on left, Faber Castell Pitt Markers on the right. 

I was so hoping that the afters pic of this would turn up. 

Quisitional Announcement

@TaleSpinner is going to be in bit of a tailspin until the Monday after US Thanksgiving. I’ve agreed be a sub and post questions until he returns.  Happily! I have been left a plentiful list of questions. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, TGP said:

Monday, Nov. 21:

What is your favorite fall food ? (…or dish, or recipe or desert?)

I don't have just one.

I really enjoy being able to make soups, stews, chili, and similar dishes when the weather turns cold. While I can (and do) make then year round, they just seem so much better when it's cold outside.

• Like 8

4 hours ago, TGP said:

I was so hoping that the afters pic of this would turn up. 

Quisitional Announcement

@TaleSpinner

Attention wound up being elsewhere for most of the weekend so I didn't get to spend any real time at my art desk over the weekend. 

20221120_225227.thumb.jpg.9e82b77d823847de33a89f145731bbe1.jpg

As compensation, here have a pic of my new brush holder I printed last night in Sparta3D Cloud Grey Sparkle ABS+.  I'll try to remember to post a pic of the next layer of that page after I've had the chance to sit down and work on it more 🙂

4 hours ago, TGP said:

Monday, Nov. 21:

Apart from fox cookies at Starbucks, I can't really think of much that would fall in as a mainly fall dish, but I'm also someone that doesn't wait until Tuesday to have tacos - we have them whenever we feel like it ^_^

I used to like the Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Lattes, but they changed one of the ingredients five years ago and suddenly my regular love of them went poof. 

• Like 8

On 11/18/2022 at 7:03 AM, TaleSpinner said:

Okay forgot this one.  Not sure there would have been much of before and after picture for teaching the Scout Troop orienteering. Maybe a during, but didn't take one.  The other would have been a before and after of pulling out all of household firearms for a cleaning.  Picture a table covered with gun cleaning supplies and firearms and then one with the firearms all freshly cleaned and oiled awaiting the first day of deer season.  

6 hours ago, TGP said:

Monday, Nov. 21:

Fresh Venison, or mincemeat pie.

Edited by chaosscorpion
  • Like 9

On 11/18/2022 at 5:03 AM, TaleSpinner said:

Lilly and I walking to the Abandoned Farm, about a mile east of home. The neighbour who owns the property also farms our land, so he drove between the two with his tractor and plowed around the bins at both properties. The snow has blown in the tractor ruts and made a very hard path, so easy walking. Somebody found a bunny at the AF and chased it down the road for another click before coming back. Then she played frizbee with Papa and helped smoke hamburgers. Out like a light after dishes were done in the kitchen while we made cookies. It's a dog's life!

20221120_144935.jpg

20221120_205539.jpg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

On 11/18/2022 at 7:03 AM, TaleSpinner said:

Got way too busy this weekend taking care of some family stuff and wasn't able to start any new projects this weekend, not even cleaning a room. And there was definitely no time for finishing any projects up.

5 hours ago, TGP said:

Monday, Nov. 21:

Chili. Especially when made with all the peppers I harvested late in the summer. Haven't had time to make a proper batch in a while so I froze a big bag full of garden peppers earlier in the season. At some point I'll get around to making it here in the near future.

• Like 9