GTKY: November/December Question Thread

TaleSpinner

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, TGP said:

Sat—Sun, Nov. 26-27, Weekend question: What are the best and worst things about winter (for you)?

One of the worst things is driving through it for my job, more than once I've been hit with a storm halfway through my route. The best thing about winter is that it eventually ends.

• Like 7

The worst part of winter is driving in it.

Good points: it's colder, so fewer bugs, and easier to be comfortable outside.  We rarely seem to get single digit Temps except overnight anymore.  So most days I can be comfy in a sweater or long sleeves.  Hot is the worst part of summer.  I firmly subscribe to the belief that you can always put on another layer of clothes, but there's a limt to how far you can strip.  

Going to be upset about Ed some more now.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, TGP said:

Sat—Sun, Nov. 26-27, Weekend question: What are the best and worst things about winter (for you)?

ABSOLUTELY DESPISE Winter. The World looks dead, it's cold, damp, & snow only makes it worse. 

The best part about it is it is over in time for baseball season...usually.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

On 11/26/2022 at 9:40 AM, TGP said:

For the worst, I would have to say the cold weather in general.  Driving, even walking can be difficult.  This said, there is something truly magical about the sound of a heavy snowfall, especially at night when you can hear the snow settling and there's a peace amidst all the movement of the falling snow.  Wouldn't want to stay out in it for too long, but enjoying that sensation for a while, then coming in for a cup of tea to watch the snow is a perfect way to end a day in my book.   

• Like 9

2 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

Monday, Nov 28:

In the wake of Ed Pugh's (Reaper founder and CEO) passing, what does Reaper mean to you?

I guess it was the spirit he passed on into his company. It is a welcoming place, where folks who have never met, can become friends.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

Monday, Nov 28:

In the wake of Ed Pugh's (Reaper founder and CEO) passing, what does Reaper mean to you?

37 minutes ago, Corsair said:

I guess it was the spirit he passed on into his company. It is a welcoming place, where folks who have never met, can become friends.

I can't say it any better then this.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

Monday, Nov 28:

Same as the others have said. Reaper's customer service and forums have always been just as great as their products.

• Like 9

5 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

Monday, Nov 28:

2 hours ago, Corsair said:

2 hours ago, haldir said:

I can't say it any better then this.

Yup, I'm inclined to agree with @haldir's agreement with @Corsair's assessment.

Ed Pugh created a great thing with Reaper; he will be sorely missed.

Edited by Chaoswolf
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

Monday, Nov 28:

I don't know that Reaper means anything to me.  I met Ed several times at the shop and the con, but we weren't pals, and I wasn't part of the inner circle during those early days so I don't have any particularly nostalgic feelings about it.   The company has had great products, customer service, and engagement with the hobby community.  Ed and Dave have had great impact on the industry which will last for years to come.  But Reaper didn't bring me into the hobby or significantly change my life. 

The people in this forum have more meaning for me, as I've developed friendships here and at the con, friendships which exist outside the sphere of miniatures and painting.  The support, sharing and acceptance in the community here and on discord has had a greater effect on me. 

• Like 11

7 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

Monday, Nov 28:

Hard to say. Like others have said, Reaper has created and maintains a great, and respectful, little community around our shared hobby. I can't think of another hobby that has such a welcoming and friendly community, no matter what platform I participate in. And that's pretty neat.

I can also say that they got me back into the hobby with their bones minis and kickstarters. Which is something I really appreciate. 

• Like 9

7 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

Monday, Nov 28:

Of all the miniature or RPG companies, Reaper's community has become my "chosen family" with regards to hobbies. We can disagree on tons of topics, yet we still have that passion for tiny painted people that makes us want to share our joys.

• Like 9

9 hours ago, TaleSpinner said:

Monday, Nov 28:

Unlike some of you I've never met any of the Reaper people, so to me Reaper is just a pretty well run company with good customer service.  I appreciate them more for this forum than anything they sell.

• Like 9