Rigel

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, all! I appreciate it!

5 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

Looks like I'll need some more gas for the weed whacker. 

The pinnacle of anti-Triffid technology! 

15 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Be careful of your veggies, they might eat YOU!

The Yakov Smirnov joke is all the better as the Wyndham story speculated Triffids were originally bred "in Soviet Russia..."

12 hours ago, Magic Lantern said:

Feed us Seymour!!!!! My other half is a huge Day of the Triffids/John Wyndham fan and I now have an idea for Christmas 😁

Ooo, I want to see this when it happens!
Good taste, by the way; Wyndham has a really good hit-to-miss ratio. [In his "The Chrysalids" the descriptions of irradiated mutant plants are some of my favorite bits. Guy had a thing about weeds and vines!] 
I also read Simak's "All Flesh is Grass" before posting these; makes a great double feature with Day of the Triffids. Very different tones and approaches to similar themes. 

17 hours ago, Rigel said:

20221116_162231.thumb.jpg.ea0fd6f0456b883192721cb4af600523.jpg20221116_162239.thumb.jpg.d1d66ec33198fd39718bd461e832fb98.jpg20221116_162300.thumb.jpg.27a57805f02770cc1b5f181f9b04f042.jpg

Ooo, I want to see this when it happens!
Good taste, by the way; Wyndham has a really good hit-to-miss ratio. [In his "The Chrysalids" the descriptions of irradiated mutant plants are some of my favorite bits.      You asked for it so here is the proof of concept- poor weather meant I was unable to nip out and acquire any artificial holly-so I improvised with the smallest real holly leaves on our tree flower wire, electrical wire covers, blu-tak and a couple of pearl headed pins- copious superglue, contrast paint and some pink and white highlights. I think that  the Boreal Triffids may feature on our Christmas cake ...possibly trailing a string of lights...

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Magic Lantern said:

You asked for it so here is the proof of concept- poor weather meant I was unable to nip out and acquire any artificial holly-so I improvised with the smallest real holly leaves on our tree flower wire, electrical wire covers, blu-tak and a couple of pearl headed pins- copious superglue, contrast paint and some pink and white highlights. I think that  the Boreal Triffids may feature on our Christmas cake ...possibly trailing a string of lights...

Oh, that's very clever! I like it a lot, and the spiky leaves look just right!

• Thanks 1