SPACEFUTURE: Gas Giant Fuels (Bombshell Fueling Station)

Rigel

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Very cool model, love it that you built it yourself!

The background story is as always, great!

Hmm, you pay with an IOU?

I wonder when and how this will be collected, is this possibly a Space mob racket?

Captain Zorg, remember that time you got that precious Boron-11?

You did sign that IOU, remember?

Now is the time to pay up, If you would be so kind to send us your first born please.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Hmm, you pay with an IOU?

I wonder when and how this will be collected, is this possibly a Space mob racket?

Captain Zorg, remember that time you got that precious Boron-11?

You did sign that IOU, remember?

Now is the time to pay up, If you would be so kind to send us your first born please.

Ooo, I like this very much! I hadn't thought of debt-buying Space Mobsters, but of course that's the sort of thing that would happen. Canon now! 
The family behind GGF is rich enough that they don't care about the money, but they DO care very much about calling in favors from desperate, risk-taking pilots for...reasons of their own. 
Their own? Well, not quite. The vast Fortean storm-cells roiling deep in the Jovian atmosphere whisper to them in dreams, and have their own agenda...an agenda that has uses for disposable meat-based intellects. Using humans to explore cosmic mysteries is like using a pinhole camera to observe an eclipse--a dreadfully narrow channel that blocks out nearly all of the intelligible information, but much safer. 

6 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

This is great! Good use of parts. :winkthumbs:

Thank you! It was fun to build! I made several little asteroid-halves, some from scratch and some from Christmas ornament balls--more coming!

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Rigel said:

Ooo, I like this very much! I hadn't thought of debt-buying Space Mobsters, but of course that's the sort of thing that would happen. Canon now! 
The family behind GGF is rich enough that they don't care about the money, but they DO care very much about calling in favors from desperate, risk-taking pilots for...reasons of their own. 
Their own? Well, not quite. The vast Fortean storm-cells roiling deep in the Jovian atmosphere whisper to them in dreams, and have their own agenda...an agenda that has uses for disposable meat-based intellects. Using humans to explore cosmic mysteries is like using a pinhole camera to observe an eclipse--a dreadfully narrow channel that blocks out nearly all of the intelligible information, but much safer. 

Thank you! It was fun to build! I made several little asteroid-halves, some from scratch and some from Christmas ornament balls--more coming!

Glad to be of assistence, I Do have a devious mind...

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ooook said:

Great piece of work, I really like the idea ! 😄 

How many hours did you work on this ?

Thank you! Start to finish took over a month quite a while because I was both busy at work and lazy at home but in terms of condensed effort--about four hours on the asteroid plus glue and clay drying time, another couple of hours to chrome-spray the bottles and bitz. Getting the Bombshell pumps painted and building the railings probably took the longest. A few hours designing signage in Word and using a hole punch. I lost track because I was doing much of the same for the space restaurant, the shack, and the Zap Bros Repair Station. (I'll post those up soon.)

• Like 2