Randomness: the 18th sequel

Chaoswolf

1 hour ago, Chaoswolf said:

Corn is one of the few vegetables that I think tastes ok canned. I'm all about fresh veggies, but most canned stuff seems 'off' somehow. Frozen vegetables are ok.

Then you need curry sauce, the great redeemer. Freezer burned meat? Curry sauce! Stale bread? Curry sauce! Canned veggies? Curry sauce! Leftovers? Curry sauce!

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Chaoswolf said:

Corn is one of the few vegetables that I think tastes ok canned. I'm all about fresh veggies, but most canned stuff seems 'off' somehow. Frozen vegetables are ok.

Depends on the can and what you expect from it.  You like mushy peas, open a can. You like stewed green beans, open a can.  Somehow frozen green beans always come out rubbery, as does broccoli. I can handle frozen cauliflower, corn, peas, edamame, and some others.  Canned corn is not bad during the time of the year when you can't get it fresh. 

• Like 6

Canned fruit is acceptable, including tomato products if I could actually stand tomatoes anymore. Canned veggies aren't. I like frozen green beans, just barely cooked or simply defrosted and cold.  Preferably the whole long ones rather than chopped up for eating straight. Munch on them like wetter, softer carrot sticks.  And yes, I've taken sandwich baggies of beans to game nights before. 

• Like 7

329714688_575926984431213_11201500212533

Hey we actually had a Pathfinder session last night at the FLGS. The married couple was able to make it down, so we had enough for the game, which we didn't play. :lol:

The GM asked if we wanted to switch up the game to a Adventure Path & the players were like sure! We are going to play Blood Lords AP, which allows for undead player characters using the Book of the Dead book (as I said in Acquistions, I placed a order with the FLGS last Weds before my D&D game for that book -- spooky! 👻

We have 3 players, so we had a session Zero for the adventure. The married couple is gonna play a poppet (puppet construct) bard (he's never played a bard, so he thought that would be interesting) & his wife is playing a Strix (harpy hybrid) witch. I have truly decided but I'm sure I'll play a martial class, leaning toward a gnoll ghoul monk but also thinkin about barbarian as well. We need some muscle/martial + I wanna be a front line fighter this time around. I did talk with a friend about joining, so we may have 4 players.

First game is the 24th as we play every other Friday, but I won't be there due to the Old Dominion concert is that night. Looking forward to playing!

• Like 10
  • Haha 1

I picked up the latest Humble Bundle Pathfinder 2e bundle today & I remembered I bought their last one right before I left for RCon last year & I noticed there was a redeem by date on the ones I just got. I was like "Uh oh!?! Am I too late to redeem" & checked how to redeem, off to the Paizo site that you redeem these at & it said I had redeemed that bundle on the 6th of September. I don't recall doing that, ha ha. Good thing as it said redeem by the 18th of this month!

• Like 7