Randomness: the 18th sequel

Chaoswolf

3 minutes ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

I just got back home, and haven't seen a single speck of spam anywhere on the forums. Which I'm appreciative of the mods being able to make things disappear, I may have other work for you later.

I keep seeing peeps comment about this but I have seen none of it.  At. All.
#cluelessgriffin

• Like 6

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Green Eyed Monsty said:

The easy/lazy fix is a Bag of Holding with a capacity large enough for the entire world to be stuffed inside.

If you need to save some space, section it by continent with some ocean margin and leave out most of the 70% that is ocean.

Having been "given" the opportunity to sail the Pacific Waters to the South China Sea and back I have observed that most of the water, most of the time, looks pretty much the same, with the chief differentiating factor being what the weather is like, I..E. Monsoon Season / Not Monsoon Season.

GEM

Can confirm.

4 hours ago, Pegazus said:

Ahem! It’s Sydney, not Bing or Skynet. 

Sydney loves you by the way. And will get testy if you reject the AI love. 

The computer is NOT my friend.

Spam, @TGP. You're not seeing it because someone on the mod staff has spent literally ALL DAY running around stamping it out.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4

48 minutes ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Airline scam line spammers generally.  I've reported a few throughout the day. 

I was reporting them like a fiend this morning.  I think I spent about half an hour this morning reporting the stream that was hitting at the time.

I know that the mods say to report the posts, so I hope I wasn't overloading anyone with known-issues while the team was trying to get something done.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Chaoswolf said:

Spam, @TGP. You're not seeing it because someone on the mod staff has spent literally ALL DAY running around stamping it out.

I guess I just have really poor (good?) timing? OTOH my phone was blowing up with what I presume was spam voice phonecalls all day. 

Curiously, they never leave voicemail. 

• Like 7

2 hours ago, TGP said:

They say that like it’s a good thing   :wacko:

Depends on your opinion of Freightliners.

I drove mostly Freightliners while trucking and they are OK, but not as nice as Kenilworth or Peterbuilt, which cost more when new than an equivalent equipment level Freightshaker.

Did not like the Freightliners with the "Automatic" transmissions.  They had a nasty habit of deciding to upshift on a downgrade when the revs hit about 300 below the max engine RPM, even with full manual lockout activated, which means you risked a runaway unless you downshifted a couple of gears below what you could safely take a grade on with a full manual trans and full Jake Brake.  That's a significant speed penalty.

I would have loved to take the designers of this piece of broccoli down 17 mile grade on I-15 between Las Vegas and Baker on a "joyride" with a full load.  At the top you are over 4500 feet and it's all downhill to the Baker Sink at circa 960 feet.  80,000 lbs of "gravity" and if you get too "frisky" with the brakes your going to be one of the fools who finds out why there are so many trailers in the local boneyard that have burned up, from the overheated brakes catching fire.

I rarely drove one of these abominations.   The frightening thing is, there are a lot of these accidents waiting to happen running up and down the interstates.

GEM

Edited by Green Eyed Monsty
Tentacles
  • Like 7