Randomness: the 18th sequel

Chaoswolf

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Hello morning... Hello Colder Than a freezer temperatures... (it's -27C with a -35C windchill) 

It's been snowing non-stop for two days. There's probably half to a foot of fluffy out the door. Heaven help us if the wind gets up... It's been chinooking all month, so it's sheet ice under a lot of it. There was some fun leaving the yard last night. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 6

5 minutes ago, Mad Jack said:

I had that poster on my wall in 8th grade.

I didn't even listen to Ozzy at the time.

If you're saying that to shock us, it's not working.  We've known you too long Jack. ::D:

Today is my second Monday of the week. 

Took yesterday off to chaperone for my daughter's field trip. As annoying as 7th graders can be, it was a relaxing break from having to deal with service calls. 

• Like 8

1 minute ago, Guindyloo said:

Alright, everyone's taking a Turing test because after the past 24 hours, I don't believe that any of y'all aren't bots.

image.png.961db03b59a2d36646b89ef82d766baf.png

Who's first?

I'm up too early and haven't had my first cup of stewed tea yet, so I'm still on auto-pilot.

So I guess I qualify as a wetware bot.

GEM

28 minutes ago, kristof65 said:

If you're saying that to shock us, it's not working.  We've known you too long Jack. ::D:

Today is my second Monday of the week. 

Took yesterday off to chaperone for my daughter's field trip. As annoying as 7th graders can be, it was a relaxing break from having to deal with service calls. 

From some of the tales you've told, dealing with 7th graders sounds like an upgrade.

GEM

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, Green Eyed Monsty said:

From some of the tales you've told, dealing with 7th graders sounds like an upgrade.

it was - at least our group was.  I was more annoyed with the teaching staff than the kids, primarily because they made little effort to keep them in their groups when we were all together. I only knew two of the girls in our group of eight kids and it was hard for me to keep track of which kids were in our group unless we were alone. 

• Like 7

41 minutes ago, Guindyloo said:

Alright, everyone's taking a Turing test because after the past 24 hours, I don't believe that any of y'all aren't bots.

Who's first?

I saw a tortoise in our building today. It was upside down on its back and couldn’t turn over. I wasn’t helping it. Why wasn’t I helping it?

Now I am deeper into my tasks than I had planned by noon. 

Eh, just take the shot. Probably gonna ricochet anyway. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

331325640_3436686146578878_5602272170598410854_n.jpg.bdfc8acf8f38e94adf66e574d3d213cd.jpg

1 hour ago, Mad Jack said:

I had that poster on my wall in 8th grade.

I didn't even listen to Ozzy at the time.

Well, it IS pretty cool artwork,  at least IMO.

50 minutes ago, Guindyloo said:

image.png.961db03b59a2d36646b89ef82d766baf.png

Who's first?

Bring it. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Grrr...

Getting tired of hearing "We have to ask you for help because our distributor won't return our calls."   It's rarely that  - it's usually one or more of the following reasons: 

- they're lying - they haven't even tried. 

- they owe their distributor money (most common)

- they have physically threatened a distributor employee. 

Whenever I hear a site say that, I want to blurt right back "so you owe them money?" but I have to be diplomatic about it and say "I'm sorry to hear that." 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 4

5 minutes ago, kristof65 said:

Grrr...

Getting tired of hearing "We have to ask you for help because our distributor won't return our calls."   It's rarely that  - it's usually one or more of the following reasons: 

Whenever I hear a site say that, I want to blurt right back "so you owe them money?" but I have to be diplomatic about it and say "I'm sorry to hear that." 

Never could understand why people would buy something on account, not pay for it, then get surprised Pikachu face when equipment is either pulled, or no support is given.... 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, kristof65 said:

Grrr...

Yes, because that means a problem [ or several] for you.

GEM

Addendum:  Get their Credit Card Info before you do anything else.

Edited by Green Eyed Monsty
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1