Randomness: the 18th sequel

Chaoswolf

2 hours ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:
2 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

You GREATLY overestimate my singing ability, my friend.:lol:

And you underestimate the persuasive power of rum, my friend.

Oh no, I'm quite well acquainted with how that works, believe me.

I had my chance to be a RAWK STAR! quite a few years ago now. We were in a bar that was doing karaoke, and my friends were trying to get me to go do a song. I resisted for several hours, but eventually, after a fair bit of liquid courage, they finally convinced me to go do "Seasons in the Abyss" by Slayer. I figured I could handle that one; I knew the lyrics and the accompanying instruments would help to hide my awful voice.

What I forgot, was that the intro to that song is approximately 2 minutes long and is all instrumental. That two minutes on stage waiting for the singing to start seemed like it lasted for about 2 years. In the interim, I started headbanging and air guitaring like a madman to give myself something to do besides stare at the people staring at me. When the song was finally over, everyone clapped, though I'm not sure if it was because they actually thought I did alright or they were glad it was finally over.::P:

• Like 2
  • Haha 9

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah karaoke. I think the Japanese still have the right idea. "You want to do Karaoke with your friends? great, here's a soundproof room. and here's the menu of drinks and snacks you can order from, have fun" 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Chaoswolf said:

Oh no, I'm quite well acquainted with how that works, believe me.

I had my chance to be a RAWK STAR! quite a few years ago now. We were in a bar that was doing karaoke, and my friends were trying to get me to go do a song. I resisted for several hours, but eventually, after a fair bit of liquid courage, they finally convinced me to go do "Seasons in the Abyss" by Slayer. I figured I could handle that one; I knew the lyrics and the accompanying instruments would help to hide my awful voice.

What I forgot, was that the intro to that song is approximately 2 minutes long and is all instrumental. That two minutes on stage waiting for the singing to start seemed like it lasted for about 2 years. In the interim, I started headbanging and air guitaring like a madman to give myself something to do besides stare at the people staring at me. When the song was finally over, everyone clapped, though I'm not sure if it was because they actually thought I did alright or they were glad it was finally over.::P:

https://airguitarworldchampionships.com/en/home/

• Like 7

4 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

You GREATLY overestimate my singing ability, my friend.:lol:

3 hours ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

And you underestimate the persuasive power of rum, my friend.

And anyway, it's metal. If the instruments are done right, it's a LOT less noticeable. I mean look at Judas Priest!

• Like 9

2 hours ago, kristof65 said:

Well Darn.  The lady who didn't want to do her own tedious account management work back in February just paid for me to do it. 

Yuck. 

What a way to wreck a Friday!

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, TGP said:

What a way to wreck a Friday!

that's what I was thinking - but when I went to get started, I logged in and found that she was logged in doing something, and I couldn't get started.  So now it has to wait until next week. 

• Like 7