Randomness: the 18th sequel

Chaoswolf

• Replies 10.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I looked out of my window this morning and was a bit startled to see thousands of people running along the street.

For a moment I thought maybe some sort of apocalyptic disaster was unfolding.

But then I remembered that my home overlooks the route for my town's half-marathon event.  I had no idea that it was taking place today. :rolleyes:

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

14 hours ago, TylerTheTired said:

I just joined the forums today.

How fitting it's on April Fools, because my life is a joke.

Welcome to the Forums.

If you read something that's written in purple, that's meant as a joke/irony etc..

This is a very friendly forum, we stay away from politics and heavy topics ( lessons learned in the past made it prohibited to do so).

Commercial links not allowed and if you post painted minis it can be of any brand, if they are nude, do not post them directly but with a link and a warning.

This because it's a family friendly forum.

We joke around but we are all willing to give tips and advice on the hobby and other stuff.

There are some inside jokes you will learn pretty quick.

HAVE FUN!

8a2091222f6e922f62cc77e0c2b17bb1--the-boxer-project-ideas - kopie.jpg

• Like 6

Howdy, y'all!

I'm still alive!

I've been having a pretty hard bout of the brain weasels due to medication changes. I haven't been in the mood to do much of anything so I've been mildly lurking but am not caught up by any means.

Lots of not so pleasant life stuff going on. But! At the very least Husband and I are, most likely, going on vacation this summer. We will be buying air fare to Amsterdam this coming weekend. We'll have a few days to ourselves before family comes if they can get their passport shenanigans sorted out. Then off to a cruise for 12 days.

And while I'm excited to go to all the places we're going and stuff we're doing my like most wanted place to visit on my bucket list will happen this trip. The Van Gogh museum! So. Excited!

If anyone knows of some other cool stuff to do in/around Amsterdam, please let me know! We're still looking for a hotel and some couple-y activities or just fun things in general.

• Like 11

1 hour ago, SparrowMarie said:

And while I'm excited to go to all the places we're going and stuff we're doing my like most wanted place to visit on my bucket list will happen this trip. The Van Gogh museum! So. Excited!

If anyone knows of some other cool stuff to do in/around Amsterdam, please let me know! We're still looking for a hotel and some couple-y activities or just fun things in general.

That part of Amsterdam has a number of sites and is very tourist friendly and English speaking.  The Rijksmuseum is very near, lots of cool art from all periods.  They have a couple Van Gogh's too, and the Rembrandt room is amazing. DH and I just sat on the bench and stared.  But everything in there is worth seeing.  The Anne Frank house is a couple blocks down from the Van Gogh museum, too.  It's lovely (and safe) to just walk around the old city area where the canals are.   If you're tired but want to see things, get a train pass for the day, it was only a few dollars and you can ride back and forth all over the city and just look at real people and not touristy stuff.  You can get off and on anywhere all day.  I suggest finding a street cafe and ordering a drink and just enjoying the moment. 

"broodjes" is the word for sandwiches.  If you are hungry you will see them advertised everywhere. 

"Dank U" (dankoo) means thanks. 

Note that asking for a "coffee shop" is how people reference a shop where you can buy and smoke pot.  You have to ask for a "cafe" if you actually want drinks and pastries. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, SparrowMarie said:

Then off to a cruise for 12 days.

Would that be one of those river cruises, by any chance? I had contemplated doing one of those but decided I didn't want to be jet-lagged on a boat in Europe. So we're doing a Caribbean cruise late July.

Just got finished with airfare, hotel, and puppy boarding reservations. Super high stress event for me. Not sure why I was getting blocked mentally from pulling the trigger on things. Figure it cost me several hundred dollars because air fare increased so much since we pulled the trigger.

It's a bit of a "congrats" trip for the kids. We were planning to go to Europe when oldest graduated high school. In 2020. Yeah. We all know what hit the fan that year. Youngest graduates this year, plus I complete my fifth decade on this rock in October. Multiple reasons then.

• Like 8

GLADIS is happy to report operation "get friend to remove all the creepy crawlies from my d&l sprues" has been a success.  There was some getting lost driving, but it worked out.  Hint: if your friend hasn't had a car as long as you've known him, his knowledge of roads a fair distance from his abode might be suspect. "When did they put in a roundabout? That wasn't here 30 years ago!"

The flgs we went to to snip things and shop has long been an abode of MEOW operatives. We stopped on from drinking paint water left unattended.  You're welcome.

• Like 4
  • Haha 6