Randomness: the 18th sequel

Chaoswolf

13 hours ago, kristof65 said:

of my question:  If Ash Ketchum (of Pokémon) were a real person and wanted by FBI, Interpol and other authorities for crimes, what would those crimes be? 

Having watched part of one Pokémon movie by chance, Animal cruelty. It's essential dog or cock fighting for kids.  There must be a few civilized planets that outlaw such things, as well as some that consider it fine.  And all sorts of gambling, illegal money exchanging or laundering, and drug trafficking to treat/dope the critters that go with that sort of thing.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, ejala said:

Having watched part of one Pokémon movie by chance, Animal cruelty. It's essential dog or cock fighting for kids.  There must be a few civilized planets that outlaw such things, as well as some that consider it fine.  And all sorts of gambling, illegal money exchanging or laundering, and drug trafficking to treat/dope the critters that go with that sort of thing.

And then the PCs find out that the "animals" being trafficked are in fact a sentient, but minor low-tech race... 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

32 minutes ago, ejala said:

There is a random event in Galactic Civilizations II about exactly that.

The Auld Grump

• Like 6

I'm going to have an Easter egg hunt for my dog. Mumsy has those little coloured plastic eggs you can open and put treats in. I'm going to pick a colour and put liver treats in it, put them outside, and let Lillers find them. When she finds one, I will open it for her and feed her the treat. I think it will be fun! 

• Like 10

10 hours ago, TheAuldGrump said:

One of my coworkers is having the worst week, and there is nothing that I can do to help.

They are turning off her uncle's life support tomorrow.

I can't think of anything that will make her feel any better.

The Auld Grump

Just showing her you care will help somewhat, ask how she's doing in a few days and offer a listening ear.

That's the least one can do.

• Like 8

13 hours ago, Thoramel said:

I've always found rattlers to be pretty docile though, just take care when you're in their territory and you're fine every time.

Pretty much.  The rattle is them saying "leave me alone please you're too close"

• Like 9

8 hours ago, ejala said:

@kristof65 This is literally it, Pokemon is just a giant illegal dogfighting ring that's been going on for the last 25 years. And considering that they get ground up into candy and fed back to their own species, the animal cruelty charges just keep piling up.

• Like 9

Customer calls in with site down problem that shouldn't have happened if they had been following their periodic maintenance schedule.  To compound the matter, they have made no system backups of their POS. 

Me: This problem probably indicates that you haven't been replacing the Battery Backup as indicated on the PM Schedule. 

Them: No body ever told us that

Me: I can fix this, but the most recent backup I have is from 2018. Do you have anything newer?

Them: No, Nobody ever taught us how to do that. 

Me, looking through previous service tickets for the site and finding two tickets where I specifically noted I had told them both of the above. 🤦🏾‍♂️🤦🏾‍♂️🤦🏾‍♂️

And that's why I note it in the ticket. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 5

RTB Pro-Tips! SKU#30068 Burgermeister! 4-7-23.  Started at 11:38 AM.

https://www.twitch.tv/reaperminiatures

ETA: Anne's book has now made it into distribution at Barnes and Noble and most likely other bookstores.  It is only in physical form; e-book is exclusive to Amazon.  Look for "East of the Sun" by A E Becker.

Edited by Serenity
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

So. Update on the elder beagle paying for treats. Today is a work from home day. Been getting multiple photos from my wife (who is upstairs in her craft room) of him and his payment. I decided to subsidize his efforts. I piled up the toys at the top of the stairs. She got confused on how he was doing things so fast. 

Until she walked out of her room. 

Twas funny. 

• Haha 11