Randomness: the 18th sequel

Chaoswolf

10 minutes ago, Cygnwulf said:

that seems like it could have explosive results

I don't know how bad the damage was - it took out at least two ports - the one it was plugged into, and the port the car wash equipment was plugged into - but it can't have taken out much more than that because the site was only complaining about not being able to sell car wash codes AFAIK.   I was on the phone with a distributor tech about that ongoing issue with the pay @ the pump module connection, and the pump/register tech was also on site to help. The pump tech discovered it in the back room while the distributor tech and I were running other diagnostics on the equipment behind the counter. Despite being a couple dozen feet away in another room, and me hearing it through a crappy cellphone connection, the pump tech's outburst was clearly audible to me.  The distributor tech ended our call with "I think the problem was found" and no longer needed my assistance.  He filled me in later that day/week.

• Like 10

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, ShadowRaven said:

The worst part about getting older, is that people you care for are getting older too. Just spent all day  yesterday  getting my dad taken care of, and into hospital, for what looks to be, and hopefully is, relatively minor angina pectoris, aka, a partial blockage in the veins leading into the heart.  Hard accepting your parents are in their 70's, when half the time you are still trying to convince your brain, "no I am not 21 any more" 

My body is feeling it's almost 50 years. My mind would like to think I'm still under 30. I'm the primary caregiver for both my mom and mother in law. MIL has been amazingly healthy for her 83 years of age but is not the same as she was not long ago. It's upsetting my wife dealing with some of her oddities that are developing. My mom is 77 and is becoming more and more forgetful as well as being mostly blind. She's still living in an apartment in our town and has people coming in every day to help with her medications. I try to be there regularly to help her out too. I know she's going to end up in a nursing home sooner rather than later but I'm just trying to keep her in the place where she's lived for over 20 years for as long as I can. Getting older is ok, growing old sucks.

My dad was the guy that helped all of his family especially the older relatives. It really bothered him when he got into his 70s and the older generation were all gone and he was the old one. Doesn't feel like he's been gone 5 years already.

• Like 5
  • Sad 11

1 hour ago, Chaoswolf said:

It's National Colorado day, so if you're from there, congratulations!

You can celebrate with a grilled cheese sandwich, since it's also National Grilled Cheese day.

As long as we count topping the cheese with a hamburger patty, then I’ll be following the guidance tonight. 

Meanwhile, I apparently have to find a replacement strain gauge for the strain gauge I used to replace a strain gauge that was replacing a strain gauge.

If the supply chain could kindly stop making so many parts obsolete, I’d really appreciate it.

• Haha 7

G.R.F.F.N Food Log

Stardate: 20230409  (Easter)

And behold there was candy!

43790409-6511-4EAB-87D0-0F5B8B4844B1.thumb.jpeg.a29813cc6733ef06eec36b67e4a2ed53.jpeg

METAL WotC miniature for scale. All bought before the holiday and some of it survived until Sunday morning. And I didn’t even finish it all, there is still some left. 

• Like 9

3 hours ago, Pegazus said:

As long as we count topping the cheese with a hamburger patty, then I’ll be following the guidance tonight. 

G.R.F.F.N Food Log

Stardate: 20230410

It was a Monday. There was cheezburger. I hadz cheezeburger. 
5FAB5CA7-AC36-4386-B944-94977292F22F.thumb.jpeg.7e9c162ba7538fd1181d5d1079cb73d4.jpeg

Mustard

Romaine Lettuce

Pickle Slices (Dill and Sweet)

More Romaine Lettuce

Ground Beef (from an Angus cow)

Four Cheeses

(Swiss, Cheddar, ColbyJack, Spicy  Monterrey)

More mustard

^ ^ ^
(From the bottom going up.)

Edited by TGP
. . . .
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

I am getting a tattoo on Saturday. I got the art today and I literally cried. I am so excited. Picture under spoiler. This one doesn't have the color on it but it's like super imposed over my leg so I'd rather show it off on me for real than digitally. This is the memorial tattoo for both of our cats that passed in 2022, so it's a very special piece.

Spoiler

tattoo2.thumb.jpg.4112b5bb445905ff7d425fc4255b33c1.jpg

• Like 15

6 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

It's National Colorado day, so if you're from there, congratulations!

You can celebrate with a grilled cheese sandwich, since it's also National Grilled Cheese day.

Now I want a grilled cheese sandwich, instead of this Subway sandwich I've half consumed...

FLGS Game night!

• Like 7

My coworker's uncle's funeral is Friday.

They took him off life support, and later that night his heart stoppped.

He had suffered a massive stroke, entire portions of his brain were dead - but the hospital needed the family's permission to let him die.

I don't see any good way to handle something like that.

I have no idea whether it would be better for the hospital to make the decision or to put the decision to let a loved one die on the family.

Put me in a glum mood.

The Auld Grump

• Sad 16

3 hours ago, SparrowMarie said:

I am getting a tattoo on Saturday. I got the art today and I literally cried. I am so excited. Picture under spoiler. This one doesn't have the color on it but it's like super imposed over my leg so I'd rather show it off on me for real than digitally. This is the memorial tattoo for both of our cats that passed in 2022, so it's a very special piece.

Hide contents

tattoo2.thumb.jpg.4112b5bb445905ff7d425fc4255b33c1.jpg

I hope they do a beautiful job with it.  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1