Randomness: the 18th sequel

Chaoswolf

We have spent the past few nights watching Arcane....

Damn, that is a dark show.... (We binged.)

Proof that the rabbit hole is real - this started because I was going through Voiceplay on Youtube - and they did a cover of the theme - Enemy.

Because a KPop star from Oklahoma who cosplays as Jinx from Arcane got in contact with Voiceplay to do the video.

And they did a great job.

image.png.465cd02bb022a57946e7c19d3fe437e5.png

The Auld Grump

Edited by TheAuldGrump
  • Like 7

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1st day(night) without coworker & it's decent besides no power jack. It finally gave out. It's only been a week before Thanksgiving last year I reported the problem. 

Pretty sure it's the battery as we've had that jack since 2019. Hopefully we can get a loaner from the warehouse, thou theirs are extremely fast & unwieldy

• Like 8

2 hours ago, sumbloke said:

Jill Bearup did a ChatGPT video too. https://youtu.be/Vu3MXV24sLw

Is that the tier list one?  That was funny, doubly so by the end where she was looking ready to murder the script writer for using the same sentence constantly. 

6 hours ago, malefactus said:

341074468_1025949152123207_1494082965138595602_n.thumb.jpg.5cb991df7adfcddcd00b1d230291b693.jpg

Yeah, I always get a decent laugh out of this when it happens sooooo often, and I'm driving a two ton Hino.  Yes, I take longer to accelerate, but at the same time those construction zone signs have been up for almost a year now, and because the road deviation is technically temporary (it's "just a few" years) it's patchy, bumpy, hard turns, and most importantly narrower than usual.  Oh yeah, and there's a semi in front of me doing thirty because they're fully loaded and there's a car in front of them.  Or there's a bus at the front of the line, and someone broken down in the left lane. 

But y'know, blast past the two ton truck that's paying attention to what's in front of them, only to wind up getting passed by said "slow" two ton Hino in about ten seconds.  So hard to not stick my tongue out at them as I pass... 

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

But y'know, blast past the two ton truck that's paying attention to what's in front of them, only to wind up getting passed by said "slow" two ton Hino in about ten seconds.  So hard to not stick my tongue out at them as I pass... 

Then there's the idiot the other night who blew a red light at high speed, tried to dodge a tow truck doing a U-turn to get to a disabled vehicle, and hit 3 vehicles, killing 1 person and injuring 5 more.    

• Sad 12

Well, that makes me super happy.  Finally sorted out my plan for my Spires... New Zealand Flower Jade and Brazilian Grey Quartz for the armour, and red cloth/accents.  Gives a wide variety of colours and all that but the icing on the proverbial cake is that NZ Nephrite Jade has a composition that would allow it to grow with quartz, and to top it all off there's evidence of plant life that's in New Zealand but also in Chile and Argentina, which while a geologist would probably disagree... For a world where there's magic, and giant T-Rexes that are tamable, it isn't that far of a stretch. 

I also discovered/learned there are huge arguments about what qualifies as "true Jade", and things like actual structure of various things, but I just found it neat that with a tiny bit of stretching of things, reality more or less matches fantasy. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Well, that makes me super happy.  Finally sorted out my plan for my Spires... New Zealand Flower Jade and Brazilian Grey Quartz for the armour, and red cloth/accents.  Gives a wide variety of colours and all that but the icing on the proverbial cake is that NZ Nephrite Jade has a composition that would allow it to grow with quartz, and to top it all off there's evidence of plant life that's in New Zealand but also in Chile and Argentina, which while a geologist would probably disagree... For a world where there's magic, and giant T-Rexes that are tamable, it isn't that far of a stretch. 

I also discovered/learned there are huge arguments about what qualifies as "true Jade", and things like actual structure of various things, but I just found it neat that with a tiny bit of stretching of things, reality more or less matches fantasy. 

If you haven't run into Jadeite yet in your investigations, check into this close cousin.

There are large deposits of it in certain areas of Northern California and other localities.

GEM

• Like 5

49 minutes ago, Green Eyed Monsty said:

If you haven't run into Jadeite yet in your investigations, check into this close cousin.

There are large deposits of it in certain areas of Northern California and other localities.

GEM

A quick look at Californian Jadeite and it doesn't really catch my eye all that much.  From examples I've seen, just like BC Jade it doesn't quite have the same charm and colour to it.  There's something magical, almost mystical about New Zealand Nephrite Jade, specifically Cloud Jade (aka putiputi pounamu).  For example, a picture borrowed from Mountain Jade (a New Zealand company that sells jade products), who's info page I'd link if such wouldn't break forum rules...

Flower-Jade.thumb.jpg.dbab103197d19308c179c9da8d149ba0.jpg

Kawakawa Puounamu is even more gorgeous to my eyes, but I don't feel it would translate well to miniature form, whereas Cloud Jade has an incredibly vast amount of things I can pull from for the miniature.

I think it was more just one of those "oh, neat, technically this is something that could ~potentially~ happen in the real world, these two stones forming together (or having one deposit on top of the other)

I was originally looking at bloodstone, but then I remembered New Zealand Nephrite Jade, and started searching.  Always wanted a small pendant when we visited there, but I didn't have the cash to do such, and parents didn't quite catch on just how strongly I wanted such.

• Like 6

6 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Yeah, I always get a decent laugh out of this when it happens sooooo often, and I'm driving a two ton Hino.  Yes, I take longer to accelerate, but at the same time those construction zone signs have been up for almost a year now, and because the road deviation is technically temporary (it's "just a few" years) it's patchy, bumpy, hard turns, and most importantly narrower than usual.  Oh yeah, and there's a semi in front of me doing thirty because they're fully loaded and there's a car in front of them.  Or there's a bus at the front of the line, and someone broken down in the left lane. 

On the main road through town here, it goes from two lanes into one just before it goes over the top of a tiny hill. And not only does it go from two lanes to one, but the speed limit drops by almost twenty miles per hour.

So, as you're going up this little hill, people will come speeding up and try to pass you, only to get over the top of the hill and find themselves on a one-lane road, with traffic in front of them, and a stop light a hundred yards ahead... ::P::rolleyes:

• Like 3
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 1