Randomness: the 18th sequel

Chaoswolf

• Replies 11.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, the garage aka hobby aka game table is ready for tomorrow's game! I had to shut down the game due to the cold/winter & I've wanted to get it restarted in Feb, but circumstances came up that has prevented us from resuming the game. As I've described before, I started this during 2020 when my FLGS had to shut down for COVID & then they didn't have a home access (special COVID precaution home game) DM for 5e, so I offered this, but the store didn't want to do it, so I just got some of my friends together & it's been a thing ever since.

We are playing 5e Wild Beyond the Witchlight - the players are in the realm of Thither, thou I will be running them in a side-trek adventure I found on DM's Guild called "Forgetting Fablerise" tomorrow. Also looking forward to seeing & playing with a couple of friends I haven't seen in quite awhile as well, as they aren't able to make it on Weds to the FLGS game.

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Pegazus said:

But that means working the weekend as that task goes across eight drawings which will take time. 

I hope that this means coworker working the weekend?

Doom should be shared. 

5 hours ago, Pegazus said:

…old ways of working. I’m trying to get him to understand how to prevent interferences via setting up dimension tolerances correctly.

That sounds like this thing that was called COMOK that operated within CATIA. But I think I remember you mentioning your outfit used ProE ? (not CATIA?)

But with COMOK each Engineer could stake out a defined volume within the airframe that was reserved: (my part goes here stay out!) for each drawing they were responsible for.  The COMOK server ran nightly checks to see if any parts were bumping into each other or intersecting. 

• Like 6

17 hours ago, haldir said:

Wow, the garage aka hobby aka game table is ready for tomorrow's game! I had to shut down the game due to the cold/winter & I've wanted to get it restarted in Feb, but circumstances came up that has prevented us from resuming the game. As I've described before, I started this during 2020 when my FLGS had to shut down for COVID & then they didn't have a home access (special COVID precaution home game) DM for 5e, so I offered this, but the store didn't want to do it, so I just got some of my friends together & it's been a thing ever since.

We are playing 5e Wild Beyond the Witchlight - the players are in the realm of Thither, thou I will be running them in a side-trek adventure I found on DM's Guild called "Forgetting Fablerise" tomorrow. Also looking forward to seeing & playing with a couple of friends I haven't seen in quite awhile as well, as they aren't able to make it on Weds to the FLGS game.

Fun game today, I really have missed playing D&D in my garage. There was a slight delay in starting, but one of the players is like me & has a graveyard job, so no worries there. Once we got going, the players meshed together liked we were back in the FLGS in 2019. I think that was last time all 4 of these people were together for D&D tbhwy. The adventure was pretty cool as there really wasn't any combat. There could have, but the players due to role-playing & good dice rolls avoided both encounters (1 with 2 assassin vines & the other was with a large ghost spider). Overall it was a fun adventure as everyone got to shine & of course having a awakened bear wearing a doublet & poofy hat was memorable.

We'll pick the game back up in 2 weeks! I think I may run them on anther side adventure or they'll meet up with Will of the FeyWild & his band (he's sorta like Peter Pan, but with a dark secret).

• Like 11

Morning started a lot earlier than planned courtesy of a mouse walking across some of the stickers I had, kicking them off the shelf they were on (my guess is the thing slipped), which then made a decent racket as they got flung about by my room circulation fan.  Because of this, various tidying that was going to happen spread out over this month is happening now. 

On the flipside, the drafting table that I was going to assemble sometime this month is also being assembled today because said mouse was primarily hiding behind the top for said drafting desk.  Table top has only been out for a few weeks at most, so I wonder when the mouse decided it was a good spot.  Either way, it can't hide there anymore, as it will be a nice open area, but I'll get some traps laid out either way. 

But yeah, I had wanted to be working on a resin kit today, but I guess rearranging the bedroom is an alright side task.  Just going to have to be a bit more decisive about my plans for Mecha May, since I've lost one of the full days I was planning on devoting to it, and submissions are due end of the 23rd, eep. 

• Like 10