Randomness: the 18th sequel

Chaoswolf

18 hours ago, Pegazus said:

It’s amazing how much more comfortable I am with a pair of high quality wool socks. So cushiony.

Having worked in warehouses and factories all my life, I won't spend more than ten dollars on a shirt or twenty dollars on a pair of jeans, but I'll instantly drop twenty dollars for a single package of socks or one pair of underwear, and a hundred and fifty or more on a pair of work boots.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

• Replies 10.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Customer:  What do I need to do to take these WEX MasterCard cards? 
Sends picture of card he wants to accept. 
Me: Open a gas station: 

the card in the picture was a special fleet card issued by a company called Wright Express to one of the Canadian Province governments.   

It says right on the card "Fuel Locations Only."  Meaning that the account is set up to decline any charges from merchants that are not classified as a fuel location (every merchant account and/or terminal has a 4 digit classification code programmed - car washes are 7542.  I don't recall what gas stations are, but 7542 doesn't cover fuel sales. 

OK, I was more tactful than "open a gas station" - but still, it says right on the card. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

Well, through a great deal of effort and many "learning experiences" regarding our sprinkler system, I have now managed to make the original problem only 25% worse. Which is better than the 150% I made it 2 days ago, so I guess that's progress? 

What was originally just a couple of sprinkler heads that continued spraying weakly for about an hour after the cycle was done has now turned into "OneBoot mucked something up while she was messing around with all the valves, so now all of the backyard sprinklers spray constantly which means none of the front yard has enough water pressure to function properly." 

I'd started with replacing the two sprinkler heads that seemed to be the issue, but when that resulted in no change, I called DadBoot the Plumber, who diagnosed a valve issue. So I learned a lot about valves, even being lucky enough to find a video on our exact setup, and set about checking whether any of them were faulty. 

A couple of accidental geysers (pro tip: make ABSOLUTELY certain the water is off before unscrewing the top from a sprinkler valve) and one partial valve replacement later, I'm ready to give someone money to make the problem go away. I've done everything within my limited ability to try and fix it and don't seem to possess the voodoo majicks necessary to the craft, so tomorrow I shall hunt for a good irrigation person. Bonus points if their name is Mario. 

Huzzah! 

--OneBoot 🙂

• Like 8
  • Haha 6

6 minutes ago, OneBoot said:

Well, through a great deal of effort and many "learning experiences" regarding our sprinkler system, I have now managed to make the original problem only 25% worse. Which is better than the 150% I made it 2 days ago, so I guess that's progress? 

What was originally just a couple of sprinkler heads that continued spraying weakly for about an hour after the cycle was done has now turned into "OneBoot mucked something up while she was messing around with all the valves, so now all of the backyard sprinklers spray constantly which means none of the front yard has enough water pressure to function properly." 

I'd started with replacing the two sprinkler heads that seemed to be the issue, but when that resulted in no change, I called DadBoot the Plumber, who diagnosed a valve issue. So I learned a lot about valves, even being lucky enough to find a video on our exact setup, and set about checking whether any of them were faulty. 

A couple of accidental geysers (pro tip: make ABSOLUTELY certain the water is off before unscrewing the top from a sprinkler valve) and one partial valve replacement later, I'm ready to give someone money to make the problem go away. I've done everything within my limited ability to try and fix it and don't seem to possess the voodoo majicks necessary to the craft, so tomorrow I shall hunt for a good irrigation person. Bonus points if their name is Mario. 

Huzzah! 

--OneBoot 🙂

How about a Luigi with his own tools?

GEM

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, OneBoot said:

A couple of accidental geysers (pro tip: make ABSOLUTELY certain the water is off before unscrewing the top from a sprinkler valve) and one partial valve replacement later, I'm ready to give someone money to make the problem go away.

I’m so sorry. 
And about the :lol: reaction. 

But I am sitting here picturing a purple cartoon kitty Kat all soaked and soggy and  very unhappy. 

I hope it turns out to be simple. If they want to dig (upsell you) get a second estimate..!!

• Like 9
  • Haha 1