Randomness: the 18th sequel

Chaoswolf

Well crap, went out to Home Dewpah this afternoon to pick up some JB-Weld UV glue & they were out of stock, as was Wallyworld. WW was sad, as it was like they just pulled the tag & hook for it & never replaced it. Since I'm probably down more then half of the bottle of the one I'm using, this might throw a big blockade in my RCON games prep. Since that glue is about the only glue that will bond the resin I'm using when I print resin miniatures. I did pick up a bottle of Crazy glue craft, but it's iffy when using it.

I really like Sunlu resin, but if I can't find the only glue that will bond it, I don't see why I should be using it right now. I need to look on JBW's website to see what they are saying about that UV glue. Hopefully it's not being discontinued or similar.

EDIT:

So I went to their site & sorta forgot about this posting I had started. It appears on JBW's site that local for me, store like Autozone & NAPA have the stuff in stock. A couple bucks more then what I'm normally paying, but at least they have it in stock (according to their online sites, I had to check to see it was actually my local stores in store stock). I did find that it's on Wallyworld's website as well. Problem there would be time in shipping (get it by May 19th). I did see Amazon doesn't have it either, but Crazy Glue brand has their own version that a couple bucks cheaper then JBW. I will probably put a order for that (thou I don't like just ordering 1 item off Big River).

I'll go check the auto parts store tomorrow & if they don't have any, I'll probably ordered it off Wallyworld. I have to admit, for the price you pay for this, you don't get a very big bottle. I was able to break down a bottle of it & was able to save the UV light end (squeeze light inside a plastic tip) & got to see how much glue you actually get. It appears to be one of those small bottles that are around 3-4 bucks, has the twist cap that punctures the foil of the tube, etc etc.

• Like 6

• Replies 11.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 5/9/2023 at 1:58 PM, kristof65 said:

List of Known Problematic Card Processors:

ALL OF THEM

So. Much. This.  
I can't even count the number of times I've had one of our intergrations hit an error between the customer swiping the card and the approval message coming back, and the credit card processor suppor tells them "Well have you called the BMS first?"  

We've had situations where we've had to sechedule a confrence call between them, the dealer, and our support team, to remind them that, per THEIR integration guide, we send the call to your software that says "Get a payment for X" and then our software waits for your software to send a call back saying "Approved/Denied for X and here's the signature"  what happens between is a black box we have no access to.  If the error happens during that time frame before your software sents back the approval call, then there's zero we can do to fix it.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Cygnwulf said:

we send the call to your software that says "Get a payment for X" and then our software waits for your software to send a call back saying "Approved/Denied for X and here's the signature"  what happens between is a black box we have no access to.  If the error happens during that time frame before your software sents back the approval call, then there's zero we can do to fix it.

It is amazing how much of it is black box and apparently undocumented error codes - there are days I'm surprised the systems work at all. 

• Like 8

So I checked the autoparts stores this morning & neither had the stuff. One store had the peg but not in stock & the other it wasn't on the shelf.

Thou, at that store, one of the workers said he has seen it there before & thought they might have some in the back. While he looked the store manager looked it up through the "local" network of stores (NAPA) & said how many do I want? I said 2, so she placed a order & said it'd be here around 1130 or so.

She was going to give me call, but I haven't heard anything yet. No worries, I still have some left. At least I know I have some coming.

• Like 6

14 hours ago, TGP said:

I’m so sorry. 
And about the :lol: reaction. 

But I am sitting here picturing a purple cartoon kitty Kat all soaked and soggy and  very unhappy. 

No, that's a fairly accurate description. I laughed about it later when I'd managed to get everything cleaned up. When I described it to DadBoot, coupled with a picture of Old Faithful, he laughed too and commiserated. 

18 minutes ago, Corsair said:

image.png.164ddcca39e6c218fe689b5e5dd0b33b.png

There really needs to be an ::o: in the list of post reaction emojis, just for posts like this. 

Huzzah! 

--OneBoot 🙂

• Like 11

Customer to engineer:  Do you think you'll have that new feature ready in time for our opening? 
Engineer: I should, but if not, shortly after. 
Customer to me: Can you stay on top of him to get it done in time? 
Me to both: I know a workaround that will accomplish the same thing. 

Engineer: Oh yeah, that might work. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 4