Randomness: the 18th sequel

Chaoswolf

2 hours ago, Green Eyed Monsty said:

Unfortunately, for us "country folk" the vehicle won't even make a Costco Run without a recharge, plus it is way to slow.

GEM

Yeah, you probably couldn't get farther than the nearest village convenience store with that thing, out where you live.  Now I'm wondering how or if it performs with AC running full blast.  That's going to cut down on the mileage.  

• Like 6

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Inarah said:

Yeah, you probably couldn't get farther than the nearest village convenience store with that thing, out where you live.  Now I'm wondering how or if it performs with AC running full blast.  That's going to cut down on the mileage.  

I don't think the vehicle as designed even has AC.

A vehicle such as this would get us to and back from our regular grocery store, which is about 16 miles away, and all on a high speed 4 lane divided highway where the speed limit drops to 45 mph about a half mile before getting to the driveway for the market.

GEM

• Like 4

Uhhhh. No. 

Alfred Nobel discovered-invented dynamite. He is buried in Stockholm. 

768px-Alfred_nobel_gravv%C3%A5rd_norra_b

In just one spot. As befits the founder of the various Nobel Prizes. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, TGP said:

Uhhhh. No. 

Alfred Nobel discovered-invented dynamite. He is buried in Stockholm. 

768px-Alfred_nobel_gravv%C3%A5rd_norra_b

In just one spot. As befits the founder of the various Nobel Prizes. 

Nobel's most significant contribution, and the foundation of the fortune making the Nobel Prizes possible, was to make Nitro-Glycerine a more safe to use explosive by packaging it so that it could be more safely handled with the invention of Dynamite. Care was still required in the handling of Dynamite, as if it was exposed to too high a temperatures, such as in desert summertime temperatures, it would begin to "sweat".  That "sweat" is pure nitro-glycerine so you have a quantity of dynamite in an unstable state with an easily detonated "trigger" in the same box.

GEM

• Like 5

On 6/3/2023 at 8:23 AM, Green Eyed Monsty said:

The Next Full Moon is the Strawberry Moon, Mead or Honey Moon, Rose Moon, Flower Moon, Hot Moon, Hoe Moon, Planting Moon, Vat Purnima, Poson Poya, and the LRO Moon.

If you want more, lots more, go here:

https://solarsystem.nasa.gov/news/2364//the-next-full-moon-is-the-strawberry-moon-mead-or-honey-moon-and-a-full-moon-weekend/?utm_placement=newsletter

GEM

Dangit, would have been a good time to start some strawberry mead....

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Green Eyed Monsty said:

Not too late.

The moon will still appear full when it rises tonight.

GEM

good point, problem is I'm low on honey. I'll just start it a day late tomorrow 🙂

• Like 5