Randomness: the 18th sequel

Chaoswolf

On 6/13/2023 at 8:49 AM, Pegazus said:

Oh, yes, for sure. Used that myself many times. But it seems they didn't run out of bacon like that first year.

People are no longer allowed to load up an entire plate with bacon.  Yes, I saw that a couple of times the first year.  I like bacon a lot myself, but clearing out the entire steam tray while 25 people are in line behind you for breakfast is... I dunno.... a little inconsiderate maybe? 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 6/13/2023 at 8:08 AM, Pegazus said:

Which is why the ReaperCon hotel had to put the bacon behind the glass wall. We’d eat the proprietors out of the heavenly slices.

23 minutes ago, Inarah said:

People are no longer allowed to load up an entire plate with bacon.  Yes, I saw that a couple of times the first year.  I like bacon a lot myself, but clearing out the entire steam tray while 25 people are in line behind you for breakfast is... I dunno.... a little inconsiderate maybe?

[Whistles innocently] Sorry about that. 🥓🥓🥓😋

Though I've never went and eat only bacon, I did have the habit into going protein heavy at breakfast and feel full enough to skip lunch until dinner time. But I mix it up with eggs, sausage, whatever other meat, and some fruit and pretend it's a well balanced meal.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Inarah said:

I don't remember seeing that, but I'm sure it happened. If I was one of those 25 people, I may have been inclined to say something.

You are much more polite than I am. I've got a descriptor for that person, but if definitely isn't nice.

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, Chaoswolf said:

I don't remember seeing that, but I'm sure it happened. If I was one of those 25 people, I may have been inclined to say something.

You are much more polite than I am. I've got a descriptor for that person, but if definitely isn't nice.

[Insert tongue firmly in cheek] No doubt containing a number of highly technical terms of a military nature and inclination.

GEM

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Chaoswolf said:

Most of the terms I'd use would not get past the forum filter.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Well I'm annoyed at Discord right now.

Haven't been on it in weeks/months so disabled it from my PC. But now that I do try to login, I can't quite remember my user name, and then it goes downhill with it asking for 2FA with mobile apps or scanning QR codes with authenticators that don't work, or the android app that won't even give me the opportunity to scan the code.

So I effectively can no longer log in for reasons I don't understand. I sure as heck don't remember having a 6 or 8 digit number. 😤

Edited by Cranky Dog
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 7

Ever since I saw a documentary at the tender age of 12 about orphaned elephant in Africa being taken care of by humans, I've wanted a baby elephant. I had plenty of bottle calves growing up and we have plenty of oopses from what were supposed to be open cows at work. In fact, I have a newborn I fed today. It just makes me want a baby elephant worse. The caregivers had little saddlepad blankets they tied on the backs of the baby elephants to comfort them. I just love their little inquisitive trunks and the fact they are so smart.

It's not the silliest fantasy, either. I could keep her in the barn, which is heated, and get her a horse blanket custom made by Calgary Tent and Awning. We have lots of hay to eat and bedding. I could ride her around and use her like a little tractor. Sure the horses would be terrified, but just think of how well we'd do roping calves; she'd just catch them for me. I could ride her to the lake down the road and jump off her back into the water. It would be so fun. No one would ever trespass here again either. 

What annoys me is that human acknowledge that cats see better, dogs smell better, etc. but they don't realize certain animals feel better. It has been scientifically proven that cetaceans have more of their brains devoted to social ability than humans, and no one talks about this. Ergo, family and community structure is just as, if not more, important to them than us. Funny enough, many jockeys use goats to keep their horses company. It seems they make great companions for other animals.  

15 minutes ago, haldir said:

353609221_255623717093647_58845041297566

That is a very old GSD. Mine never live far into their teens. I also can't watch this movie because the dog dies. It breaks my heart. Every time. Will Smith can give Seven Pounds all day long, but don't shoot the dog. 

• Like 8