Randomness: the 18th sequel

Chaoswolf

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh boy. Twelve hour days where its my job to walk around the production floor. To observe. Things. Things that should be going on. Things that seem to be very slow going. 

At least until first shift decides that they’d like to do work. And so we go until late. Then it’s an hour drive back to my hotel. Means not a lot of places are open. Last night was a McD’s type of night. Happily, made it to Cracker Barrel tonight. 

But my feet are dead. All the chairs and things that are sit-able are occupied. So I wander around. 

• Like 4
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, Pegazus said:

Oh boy. Twelve hour days where its my job to walk around the production floor. To observe. Things. Things that should be going on. Things that seem to be very slow going. 

At least until first shift decides that they’d like to do work. And so we go until late. Then it’s an hour drive back to my hotel. Means not a lot of places are open. Last night was a McD’s type of night. Happily, made it to Cracker Barrel tonight. 

But my feet are dead. All the chairs and things that are sit-able are occupied. So I wander around. 

Are these my tax dollars at work?  If so I say you can have a chair, and order delivery.  I don't mind. 

Also, it's fun to walk around with a notebook, stare intently at random people or objects and "take notes" or "documentation" while people are doing nothing and then watch their reactions. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 10

1 hour ago, Inarah said:

Are these my tax dollars at work?  If so I say you can have a chair, and order delivery.  I don't mind. 

Also, it's fun to walk around with a notebook, stare intently at random people or objects and "take notes" or "documentation" while people are doing nothing and then watch their reactions. 

If you want to maximize the amount of "concern" try walking around with a clipboard full of papers that contains an attached stop watch.

Shuffle the papers and make a notation after referring to the stop watch every few minutes and watch how fast production speeds up.

GEM

• Haha 9

4 hours ago, Green Eyed Monsty said:

Word of advice, take lots of pictures, with dates, including the blocked grates.

From your description the city is creating a Flood Hazard that will become active with the next severe rainstorm.

Documentation of what has been done could prove useful for Insurance Claims to be Back Billed to the responsible City Agency.

As for the road signs, if they are on private property they are now abandoned property and may be disposed of by the property owner.

Good Luck

GEM

Oh my place isn't affected by the construction, as we are a couple houses away from where they are putting the 'walks in.  I noticed tonight,  the house on the curb got boned as far as space in a yard (due to the L shape of the sidewalk).

I also noticed the road signs that were tossed into same yard were gone as well.  Which come to think about it,  they installed stop signs at the school corner last year.....sigh waste of money there. 

The drain is the only thing that bothers me. They may have pulled the weeds out,  I'll have to take a look tonight when I make my way to work. 

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Pegazus said:

Take your lunch break when Cracker Barrel is uncrowded?  Be the master of your own break times!

5 hours ago, Pegazus said:

Requisition somebody’s golf cart !

Observe in style and comfort !!

• Like 6

9 hours ago, Pegazus said:

Did that last April during major plant renovations. Night shift (6pm-6am). Luckily the hotel was only 15 minutes away. But that early in the morning, food venues and food options are limited.

It takes a few days for the body to get the hang of it.

Edited by Cranky Dog
  • Like 6

10 hours ago, Pegazus said:

Get me management's phone number. I'll speak to them and get you a nice, comfy, wheeled office chair and an intern to push you around.

Or a stern talking to, it could go either way, but I'm feeling lucky today.

• Haha 9

5 hours ago, TGP said:

Take your lunch break when Cracker Barrel is uncrowded?  Be the master of your own break times!

Cracker Barrel is 50 minutes away from the work location, but 5 minutes from my hotel. Lunch options are Subway or Henley’s BBQ. And that’s a 10 minute drive from work. Oh but they did build a Jack in the Box. So that’s probably today’s lunch. 

31 minutes ago, Chaoswolf said:

Get me management's phone number. I'll speak to them and get you a nice, comfy, wheeled office chair and an intern to push you around.

Or a stern talking to, it could go either way, but I'm feeling lucky today.

Left the interns in Denver sadly. And right now, there is a bit too much management involvement currently. Who don’t talk to each other and yet go about making decrees. Add in second and night shift management, mix with program and site management, and enjoy. 

Rocks should be involved. Lots and lots of rocks. 

Oh. And I have been up awake since 4am. Nightmares about losing the ability to read and comprehend simple words. Think the last straw was losing “two”, “yellow”, and “bring”.  Woke up uncomfortably full even though I went to sleep only sated. Very weird. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, Cygnwulf said:

image.png.fa3e939619456acad3bc8d4a46aec084.png

I decided a few months back that I really need to stat up some kind of large golem made of boulders that has a certain death effect when slain - it explodes into fragments, dealing damage to everyone in the area of effect and knocking them prone...

Just so that when the party kills it, I can say, "Rocks die, everyone falls..." ::D:

• Like 3
  • Haha 9