Randomness: the 18th sequel

Chaoswolf

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 6/15/2023 at 9:03 AM, Mad Jack said:

Most of the terms I'd use wouldn't translate into human language without an illustrative interpretive dance involving fire and sledgehammers, lol.

Funny, that's exactly how I described what's going to happen when I quit my job.

20 hours ago, Thoramel said:

Went into the office today for the first time in a while and saw the oddest thing. For decades the hallways in our building have been decorated with pictures and paintings of natural places here in Ohio that were either photographed or painted by employees. It was kind of nice. Apparently in the last couple of weeks our Director, who was appointed by the governor earlier in the year, decided to replace all of them with pictures of staff doing their jobs in the field. Not as fun, but also not the worst decorating choice. So today I got my first look at them. They are literally all pictures of her and her staff posing and smiling at the camera while cosplaying as actual technical staff. There's pictures of them in shiny new boots and hard hats, showing off brand new safety vests with our logos emblazoned on them (I have to buy my own safety vests), or standing in front of screens full of technical data I guarantee they do not understand the content of. Just dozens of pictures of her and  the sycophants she brought in with her. Now that's kind of tasteless. But I also get that you don't become the director of a large government agency without a little bit of narcissism. So honestly no problem there. But what really disturbed me is they're all from a recent train derailment where hundreds of folks were potentially exposed to life changing levels of hazardous material. You can literally see people in the background of some of the photos crying while these people smile at the camera. And that's just all manner of tone deaf and crazy. Not a good look at all. Oh well, these types come and go. I just hope she kept all the original artwork so we can hang it back up when she eventually leaves. 

Scum going to scum. It really annoys me how people just roll into a management position and change things to match their "vision." No one cares. Not about you. Not about your vision. And not about your pictures. They care about their paychecks and a nice working environment. I do wonder what would happen if someone were to inform the local news about what happened with the pictures. I mean, if the building is accessible to the public, it'd be a real shame if someone took pictures of these pictures, paying close attention to the people in the background, crying because their entire lives might have been destroyed, while this... Scum smiles while facing away to them. Yep. Be a real shame if that were to happen...

15 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

353789386_625304229633743_5457288836352895429_n.jpg.bdd581705fd4ae4feb92f030428aafe0.jpg

That's what I'm afraid of.

Didn't you want, like, everyone to move there? :rock:

This does remind me of the punchline of an old joke (that I've probably already told here before):

At 130 degrees,

- Arizonans change into shorts

-Texans unzip their coats

-Oregonians vapoize

So... No thanks. :blink:

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Pegazus said:

Cracker Barrel is 50 minutes away from the work location, but 5 minutes from my hotel. Lunch options are Subway or Henley’s BBQ. And that’s a 10 minute drive from work. Oh but they did build a Jack in the Box. So that’s probably today’s lunch. 

Left the interns in Denver sadly. And right now, there is a bit too much management involvement currently. Who don’t talk to each other and yet go about making decrees. Add in second and night shift management, mix with program and site management, and enjoy. 

Rocks should be involved. Lots and lots of rocks. 

Oh. And I have been up awake since 4am. Nightmares about losing the ability to read and comprehend simple words. Think the last straw was losing “two”, “yellow”, and “bring”.  Woke up uncomfortably full even though I went to sleep only sated. Very weird. 

Sounds to me like it's going to be time for a complete Physical, with extra attention to the feet and lower extremities, as soon as you get back home.

• Like 5

Just a heads up here.

UPS may be offline come August First if they don't come to an agreement with the Teamsters by the end of July, as the Teamsters have voted to strike.

Plan accordingly in your online ordering.  Personally, I won't be ordering anything after mid-July that will ship by UPS unless I see that an agreement has been reached, so I don't have to deal with a probable delay in transit.

No Poly Ticks here, just problems with commerce, that will hopefully be avoided.

GEM

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

7 hours ago, CaptainPete said:

Didn't you want, like, everyone to move there? :rock:

This does remind me of the punchline of an old joke (that I've probably already told here before):

At 130 degrees,

- Arizonans change into shorts

-Texans unzip their coats

-Oregonians vapoize

So... No thanks. :blink:

This depends on which side of the state you are on. We are use to the heat, you aren't. ::D:

• Like 6

ARGHHHHH!!!

My magnification headband broke! I was sitting down to do some evening painting & I grabbed my visor & the frame right where it connects to the elastic strap was broken......

Hopefully I can jury rig it, as Big River will have one here on Sunday. Thou looking for a replacement I saw the perfect ad for it, example pics one was of a miniature painter. ::D:

EDIT: Well it appears I've been able to jury rig it with superglue & some electrical tape. Hopefully it can get me through tonight & tomorrow.

• Like 11

6 hours ago, Green Eyed Monsty said:

Just a heads up here.

UPS may be offline come August First if they don't come to an agreement with the Teamsters by the end of July, as the Teamsters have voted to strike.

Plan accordingly in your online ordering.  Personally, I won't be ordering anything after mid-July that will ship by UPS unless I see that an agreement has been reached, so I don't have to deal with a probable delay in transit.

No Poly Ticks here, just problems with commerce, that will hopefully be avoided.

GEM

I heard a TV news story about UPS in the last day or two but it said they had agreed with their delivery drivers about gradually air conditioning the vehicle fleet ??

TLDR: all new purchased trucks will have aircon. Some older vans will get fans if they have a lot of service life remaining. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, TGP said:

I heard a TV news story about UPS in the last day or two but it said they had agreed with their delivery drivers about gradually air conditioning the vehicle fleet ??

TLDR: all new purchased trucks will have aircon. Some older vans will get fans if they have a lot of service life remaining. 

"Nibbling around the edges" as it were.

The big issue is, still and always, the big issue, that being the wages.

GEM

• Like 4

So today after I woke up from a short nap after work last night, I came downstairs, looked out the window & in the picnic table/squirrel chow feeder I have in a tree, there was a squirrel & it was asleep!!! Head & front legs were splayed over the edges & it was out!!

This is the second time, I've seen one doing that in there.....sigh.

I'm kinda surprised they took to that feeder as well as they have. All the years of the peanut bowl on the deck & now this, it makes for a active squirrelly back yard now.

Also this came up as a random song on Youtube music while at work last night:

Godsmack cover

"Nothing Else Matters"

Holy Sheep!

• Like 7
  • Haha 1