Randomness: the 18th sequel

Chaoswolf

2 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

He's a future Darwin award contestant.

At least he was considerate enough to ensure that the output is pointed in a safe direction; clean up will be much easier.

There were machines like that on my block parked in front of my house 3 out 5 days last week. Incredibly noisy things. They are always hooked up to a truck in exactly that configuration. 

Nobody wants to give the guy credit, for having the only set of keys that could activate the chipper, tucked safely in his pocket. Why is that?

Die cast model!

image.jpeg.f3c9e6c6513695be87dfab60f696be13.jpeg
Cool. 

• Like 6

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, haldir said:

Hey no truck.....

I was informed earlier yesterday that we may not even get the load  tonight due to a driver fubar somewhere in the chain.

Load most likely to show today sometime, just not when I'm here.

Well I was wrong, load showed up 10 mins before 6 this morning. Ended up getting out of there a little after 10 this morning, so a couple hours of OT. We actually had some help to get if finished. This is start of co-worker's 2nd week of vacation, so fantastic way to start things. At least I have FREERPGDAY & a requested paid night after to look forward to at the end of the week.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, TGP said:

There were machines like that on my block parked in front of my house 3 out 5 days last week. Incredibly noisy things. They are always hooked up to a truck in exactly that configuration. 

Nobody wants to give the guy credit, for having the only set of keys that could activate the chipper, tucked safely in his pocket. Why is that?

Die cast model!

Cool. 

Doubtful.

It's likely every one of those machines, and the trucks as well, are keyed alike, where every truck key will start every truck and every machinery key will start any piece of machinery.

The company I used to work for had every truck keyed alike, and they had 5 terminals in three states.  When I was running the Coin-Op route a lot of the equipment was keyed alike, both the access doors [barrel keys] and the padlocks on the security hardware [three different sizes each with it's own key across the entire set].

GEM

• Like 3

On 6/17/2023 at 12:32 AM, haldir said:

I just remembered I took a pic of the first time I saw a squirrel lounging on the picnic table.

What nice is this pic was taken from my hobby room on the 2nd floor. Love the camera on the S23 Ultra

20230428_104025.jpg

My husband has an S23 plus. Kinda wish I'd waited a few months when I got my S22 ultra. Camera is good but now that I've seen the 23 it could be better. I've also been informed a few days ago that I can make gifs with my camera!

• Like 6

10 hours ago, TGP said:

Die cast model!

Cool. 

That reminds me, I haven't seen Fargo in a few years....

Been off anniversarying (it's a word.)

The Auld Grump

• Like 7

Apparently, a few days ago, the 6-ft-long black rat snake that lives down by the pond next to the parking lot at my job decided to pay us a visit - it went into a hole in the wall of the building frequented by a lot of birds, according to the second shift guys...  I'm told a day or two later they took it out of the wall and put it back in the pond.

I'm kinda sad I missed it.  :down:

Fun Facts:

In CT so far this year there have been:

Almost 10,000 coyote sightings

2634 bobcat sightings

4677 bear sightings

and

85 moose sightings... 

Estimates are that there are:

3000-5000 coyotes

1500 bobcats

1200 bears

and around 100 moose in the state.

(Take that, Australia!  ::P: )

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, SparrowMarie said:

My husband has an S23 plus. Kinda wish I'd waited a few months when I got my S22 ultra. Camera is good but now that I've seen the 23 it could be better. I've also been informed a few days ago that I can make gifs with my camera!

I was originally going to get the Plus (upgraded over a S10) & when I went to the store, I played with the Ultra store model thinking it was the Plus. Thus, I had to get the Ultra instead, 😁

• Like 5

I got the S20+ last time, mainly due to it having the better camera sensor of the bunch, and the telephoto wasn't as good on the Ultra.  I suspect I'll get the S23 Ultra if I get a replacement phone, as it has a few noticeable quality of life improvements over my current one, but I also want that S Pen 😛

• Like 4

13 hours ago, SparrowMarie said:

Not going to have internet for the better part of 3 weeks. I will miss y'all and my general lurking as of late. I leave Tuesday afternoon. Will make a thread for pictures when I return.

I hope you have fun!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Going to be a good Monday! 

The ibuprofen with a sleep aid knocked me out last night. The one time I had to get up was a struggle to stay awake. I go home tomorrow. And the most best-est?

Bacon for the hotel breakfast! I love thin and crispy bacon. This stuff is delicate and simply shatters when picked up. Perfect.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

On 6/17/2023 at 4:16 AM, CaptainPete said:

But I know they're trying to "improve" the crossing out here after our state rep's husband (I think that's who it was) got hit by a car while crossing a street one night. And this intersection is damn dangerous. During the winter, if there's ice or frost on the road, I see cars on the grass around the intersection all the time. Plus, people don't seem to actually know the rules for a 4-way stop and there's some people who just blow through it. Doesn't help that it's on a 35 MPH road, with lights at either end... :ph34r:

At the moment I can't decide which intersection near me is worse for people not knowing how to work it... the 4 way stop on a 4 lane divided road with dedicated left and right turn lanes, so really it's 6 lanes divided at the intersection, (we're told we'll get a traffic light there sometime in the next 3 years or so....) or the 4 lane divided traffic circle intersection, where people routinely come to a stop in the middle of the circle to try to let someone else enter.....

• Like 4
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

6 minutes ago, Cygnwulf said:

traffic circle intersection, where people routinely come to a stop in the middle of the circle to try to let someone else enter.....

?? That can’t be The Weatherford Traffic Circle :unsure:

some local Telly station really should do some PSAs about how to use traffic circles. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, TGP said:

?? That can’t be The Weatherford Traffic Circle :unsure:

some local Telly station really should do some PSAs about how to use traffic circles. 

hah, no, I'm a bit far from that one, but it's not surprising that the issue is endemic to the whole area.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1