Randomness: the 18th sequel

Chaoswolf

14 minutes ago, sumbloke said:

I was in a local shopping centre yesterday and saw a Christmas shop...

Locally we have at least two year round Christmas Shops.

One in Virginia City, about a 30 minute drive, and the other near Lake Tahoe, an hour and a half pleasant country drive from our home.

GEM

• Like 5

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeesh, at the small gunstore I work at part time we have quite a few animal mounts that have been harvested legally from previous owners. Now this is a Southern town where hunting is a very large part of the culture. We are also a very popular area for travel here for our lakes, and tourist season we are very crowded with fishing and all sorts of water sports. Well, some folks came in today to get some fishing supplies and a young woman [mid teens I guess] who was with them start having a hissy fit at the mounted animals. I was the lucky recipient of her vitriol, so I decided I would have some fun out of this. I told her that none of the animals were endangered except the trophy jackalope we had mounted. When she demanded that we should remove that one especially, I then pointed it out to her and she took several pictures and is going to post them on tiktok to get people to complain about us. The animal in question is actually trophy atypical whitetail deer. Again harvested legally. Here is the "Jackalope" in question...

jackalope1.jpg

Edited by Corsair
  • Haha 8

5 hours ago, PaganMegan said:

There is a bad movie where right at the beginning a robot a lot like that lumbers to a burning vehicle, pulls the driver out, and says in a menacing voice "wait here, I'll get help!"

But damned if I can remember the title.

What, some sadistic jerk made you watch Invisible: The Chronicles of Benjamin Knight - AKA Mandroid 2?

Who could have possibly done such a dastardly deed?

Good old Full Moon Features.

The Auld Grump

1 hour ago, TGP said:

That is disappointing @Corsair

A proper Jack-a-lope has ears and face of a Jack Rabbit combined with the antlers of a small Antelope. 

image.thumb.jpeg.92cf5426f895b825a847750eea8c40fb.jpeg

The Rasselbock is also native to the Germanies.

The Auld Grump

Edited by TheAuldGrump
  • Like 8

6 hours ago, Green Eyed Monsty said:
6 hours ago, sumbloke said:

I was in a local shopping centre yesterday and saw a Christmas shop...

Locally we have at least two year round Christmas Shops.

One in Virginia City, about a 30 minute drive, and the other near Lake Tahoe, an hour and a half pleasant country drive from our home.

GEM

Well this one wasn't there the last time I went through that part of the centre, a month or two ago I think.

• Like 5

Tonight was Dinner and a Movie.

Dinner at a Hole-In-The-Wall Italian Joint we were recommended many months ago and liked the first time, so it's on our list of approved places to eat out.  Same family has owned and operated the place since 1937.

Then we saw the new Capstone Indiana Jones Movie.  If you can get past the bending of certain historical archaeological facts to make a plausible fantastical story line it's a thoroughly enjoyable adventure romp, and a fitting climax to Harrison Ford's portrayal of the fictional archaeologist and adventurer.

GEM

• Like 9

8 hours ago, Green Eyed Monsty said:

Then we saw the new Capstone Indiana Jones Movie.  If you can get past the bending of certain historical archaeological facts to make a plausible fantastical story line it's a thoroughly enjoyable adventure romp, and a fitting climax to Harrison Ford's portrayal of the fictional archaeologist and adventurer.

GEM

Sounds like a good recommendation to me!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I am spending the day taking a toothpick and brushing all of the AC condenser fins back into sorta position after the heavy hail from a few weeks ago. 

Roofers finished on Thursday and I now have the hail resistant shingles. Sadly couldn’t get anyone to quote new cedar shingles. Hoping it doesn’t affect the insulation too much. 

• Like 6