Randomness: the 18th sequel

Chaoswolf

1 hour ago, Pegazus said:

I am spending the day taking a toothpick and brushing all of the AC condenser fins back into sorta position after the heavy hail from a few weeks ago. 

Roofers finished on Thursday and I now have the hail resistant shingles. Sadly couldn’t get anyone to quote new cedar shingles. Hoping it doesn’t affect the insulation too much. 

Cedar Shingles are being phased out in a lot of areas, especially those where there is a higher than average wildfire danger.

So it is becoming increasingly difficult to find cedar shingles for purchase, installers to put them on if you do find them, or insurance companies willing to underwrite a structure with a cedar shingle roof.

GEM

Edited by Green Eyed Monsty
Tentacles
  • Like 5

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It is 3 AM but we are home. Our European adventure has come to a close. With well over 1k photos it may take me a bit to sift through for my favorites and to get some from other people. Also, can we still post gifs here? I learned how to make gifs and I have...A Lot.

• Like 12

Edit: There was a blinky-flashy gif here:

https://www.thisiscolossal.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/Isopoly_01.gif
That was the link ^ to it. /Edit

Looks like there is no automated [filter] that prevents posting animated GIF files. But it used to be against the rules in order to conserve server resources. [Still is?]

I”m sure a single frame GiF is fine.  I expect the moving example I just posted will be manually removed if I check back on it later. (But if it is still there I’ll kill it myself.)

Edited by TGP
Zappped gif
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

On the potential for a UPS Strike:

It's being reported on the local news UPS Teamster Members have been "practicing" for a nationwide strike outside of the UPS Distribution Center in Sparks, Nv.  There are probably similar actions taking place at other major D.C. Locations.

If you have other options for shipping you might want to start using them because the likelihood of packages shipping via UPS experiencing indeterminate delays starting August First is highly likely.

GEM

• Like 6