Chaoswolf

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Chaoswolf said:

Doll golems of Barney the dinosaur?

I read yesterday that Japanese researchers are trying to make robots that blink properly.  I decided I did not want to know why. 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, alchemist said:

Sarcasm monsters?

This made me spit coffee on my keyboard. 

I am now going to refer to my purple painted Overlords force as my Sarcasm Army, even though no one around me will get the joke. 

I have this relatively new customer who's name is Carl Smith*, but his emails all come from Mark Smith*.   Carl and his siblings bought a car wash with our equipment that had been running well for a long time in a small midwestern town. Carl keeps emailing me questions, but never says what site or puts anything in the subject line, and I keep slipping up and calling him Mark, to which he gets offended - "No, this is Carl, Mark is my dad."

At first I couldn't figure out why he uses his dad's email address, but the more I deal with the guy, I'm starting to think the reason he uses his dad's address is because he can't figure out how to set up his own email account.  The guy keeps asking me questions about accessing data that I covered in his training session AND have sent emails with explicit step by step instructions.  Sure, people forget stuff from training all the time - but this guy paid for two training sessions.  When he scheduled the second training session about two months after the first one, I thought he wanted more advanced training - nope, he wanted to start back at the beginning, this time with his sister being there as well. 

There are other incidents, too - a few weeks back, I was on the phone with his distributor's tech trying to sort out an issue with a bay and he started yelling at the tech about why soap wasn't working for a customer, and the tech immediately discovered the soap barrel was empty.

I'm wondering how long it will be before the distributor tells him to go **** himself- the site is something like 2-3 hours away from the distributors office, and we're all getting tired of the stupidity and rudeness. 

*not their real names, just protecting the guilty here.  Well, and the innocent. The dad's name is the same as a moderately successful author, though I doubt it's the same guy. 

Edited by kristof65
  • Like 7

15 hours ago, TGP said:

There is this trending thing on Ticktok currently called the “boat jump challenge”  (or so I was told by TV news last night) that has gotten people paralyzed and even killed. 

It involves jumping into a lake, from a boat, that is moving a full throttle. 

Broken neck is the probable result. 

What happens if we achieve self-aware full-on AI and it turns out to be as dumb as people?

As a canoeist, I'm desperately trying to stay in the boat. 

• Like 7

5 hours ago, alchemist said:

Sarcasm monsters?

Funny thing as soon as I posted that, I instantly thought of that. ha ha

Doing the boss monster now, sorta the same color scheme, but a couple other colors. Thou, not as repetitive as the previous minis.

• Like 6

I almost wish I was old enough to retire... Until I remember that my retirement plan is "dying in a revolution (even if it's a revolution of  just me)." Work is dumb, people are dumb, and I'm getting really tried of people mag-dumping in the city. :zombie:

• Like 9

Just now, CaptainPete said:

Work is dumb, people are dumb,

Speaking of which:

Last week:

Dispatcher: Can you reach out to this new customer to set up their training?
Me: Sure. (sends email to customer, copies Dispatcher)

Today: 
Customer calls dispatcher, claims I never contacted them. Dispatcher remembers seeing my reply, tells customer that, customer insists I didn't. Dispatcher asks me to resend. So I do, only 2 of the 3 appointment times I offered in the previous email are no longer available, so I offer the one remaining, and two more. The email asks for three things to secure an appointment: Appointment time (from the list)
name of person receiving the training

Phone number. 

So I got a response to my second email a few minutes ago - asking for one of the appointment times that is no longer available, and failing to provide the name and number of the person receiving the training. 

• Confused 3
  • Sad 9

1 hour ago, kristof65 said:

Speaking of which:

Last week:

Dispatcher: Can you reach out to this new customer to set up their training?
Me: Sure. (sends email to customer, copies Dispatcher)

Today: 
Customer calls dispatcher, claims I never contacted them. Dispatcher remembers seeing my reply, tells customer that, customer insists I didn't. Dispatcher asks me to resend. So I do, only 2 of the 3 appointment times I offered in the previous email are no longer available, so I offer the one remaining, and two more. The email asks for three things to secure an appointment: Appointment time (from the list)
name of person receiving the training

Phone number. 

So I got a response to my second email a few minutes ago - asking for one of the appointment times that is no longer available, and failing to provide the name and number of the person receiving the training. 

Sounds like you are dealing with customers who are an Enchilada short of a #1 Combination Plate.

GEM

2 hours ago, kristof65 said:

This made me spit coffee on my keyboard. 

I am now going to refer to my purple painted Overlords force as my Sarcasm Army, even though no one around me will get the joke. 

I have this relatively new customer who's name is Carl Smith*, but his emails all come from Mark Smith*.   Carl and his siblings bought a car wash with our equipment that had been running well for a long time in a small midwestern town. Carl keeps emailing me questions, but never says what site or puts anything in the subject line, and I keep slipping up and calling him Mark, to which he gets offended - "No, this is Carl, Mark is my dad."

At first I couldn't figure out why he uses his dad's email address, but the more I deal with the guy, I'm starting to think the reason he uses his dad's address is because he can't figure out how to set up his own email account.  The guy keeps asking me questions about accessing data that I covered in his training session AND have sent emails with explicit step by step instructions.  Sure, people forget stuff from training all the time - but this guy paid for two training sessions.  When he scheduled the second training session about two months after the first one, I thought he wanted more advanced training - nope, he wanted to start back at the beginning, this time with his sister being there as well. 

There are other incidents, too - a few weeks back, I was on the phone with his distributor's tech trying to sort out an issue with a bay and he started yelling at the tech about why soap wasn't working for a customer, and the tech immediately discovered the soap barrel was empty.

I'm wondering how long it will be before the distributor tells him to go **** himself- the site is something like 2-3 hours away from the distributors office, and we're all getting tired of the stupidity and rudeness. 

*not their real names, just protecting the guilty here.  Well, and the innocent. The dad's name is the same as a moderately successful author, though I doubt it's the same guy. 

I read this and my brain immediately went "Carl Marx".

• Haha 8

25 minutes ago, TGP said:

This needs to be built for reals and installed at W.O.O.F HQ. 

@Glitterwolf

That's beautiful, but we have just ordered a new bed which will arrive in a week.

Sadly not looking like this.

I asked my girl if we could exchange it for one like this, her response: Only when we also get that view.

Hrmph...

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 2
  • Haha 10