Randomness: the 18th sequel

Chaoswolf

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, TGP said:

I read yesterday that Japanese researchers are trying to make robots that blink properly.  I decided I did not want to know why. 

Japan has been doing the whole realistic robot research for 20 some years.  There are robots that can play instruments for example, and facial expressions were a big thing being looked at for a while... 

3 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

That's beautiful, but we have just ordered a new bed which will arrive in a week.

Sadly not looking like this.

I asked my girl if we could exchange it for one like this, her response: Only when we also get that view.

Hrmph...

Well, it isn't a no, so that's always a good starting point.  She didn't say it had to be a real view, so there's always the scene printed on vinyl and then posted on the windows option... 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, Pegazus said:

Got an internal job interview next Monday. Not quite the position I would like to have (not a deep space probe fer example), but should refresh me noggin work-wise should I get it. 

Good luck!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, TheAuldGrump said:

Huh - the after school program switched back to live games last year […]

The Auld Grump

I was believing that you had carried on doing that activity. (?)  So I am surprised you didn’t know what they were doing. 

• Like 3

No, It's Jon Bon Jovi, the lead singer of the band Bon Jovi.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unrelated, but interesting:

356823900_6554993051210983_8141641375605360171_n.jpg.b7efd02680c213df11871b6c5973bb1c.jpg

• Like 10

14 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Japan has been doing the whole realistic robot research for 20 some years.  There are robots that can play instruments for example, and facial expressions were a big thing being looked at for a while... 

hmm, yeah and they've been heading deeper into that uncanny valley for at least 15 of them.  I know some of those researchers are really hoping to make Replicants some day...

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1