Randomness: the 18th sequel

Chaoswolf

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

17 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

I don't know who has been sneaking around my house and taking pictures, but they're in for a heck of a whuppin'.

You have a very nice house. And BTW, you're out of rum...  AGAIN! 😇

• Haha 7

WOOF FOOD LOG

Salad with Spinach, Cucumber, Strawberries and Macademia Nuts with a Honey/Apple Dressing20230710_173717.jpg.6b9258b0ec0979c9c39dcb5524b84123.jpg

Potatoe Gratin with Bacon and Onion Flavour and Grated Cheese. Souvlaki Chicken and Green Beans with Bacon and Cashew Nuts/Sundried Tomatoes in a Tomato Paste with Basil, Oregano, Olive Oil and Garlic.

20230711_174857.jpg.592a08095c606400e70550078f9355fe.jpg

• Like 8

Amazon is being really annoying. 
1. yesterday & today are amazon prime day  and a bunch of D&D books dropped in price (in USA) RoW & even Canadians are getting hosed on this one. 
2. I ordered  Ghosts of Saltmarsh July 8.  for 27$ 
b:  I noted that all the used copies were priced at as low as 26$ 
3. Yesterday (PRIME DAY)   the same book went on sale for 17$ - I talked with customer service/ Bot and was told I could return the old book and buy it again at the new price.  
that's stupid but okay, it doesn't seem like that much work for me. 

4. I went to rebuy the book qt 1030pm last night - it was no longer part of prime day, and now cost 27
5. this morning it was up to 30$ and all the used copies were about 29 after S&H 
Conclusion, canceled my return, keeping my copy. 

they used to be a good company. 

Edited by Evilhalfling
  • Like 2
  • Sad 6

For Amazon Prime Day, I bought some fantasy coins, only to find out that it was the same price as the coins with the everyday coupon applied.

I end up buying during the holidays, and use Tabletop Bellhop to track Amazon deals!

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Cygnwulf said:

hmm, yeah and they've been heading deeper into that uncanny valley for at least 15 of them.  I know some of those researchers are really hoping to make Replicants some day...

Please. If you're going to make that sort of reference in regards to Japan, you should say Boomers.

And a shiny internet nickle to anyone who knows what I'm talking about...

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

2 minutes ago, CaptainPete said:

Please. If you're going to make that sort of reference in regards to Japan, you should say Boomers.

I earned myself a nickel.

Suddenly, saying "OK Boomer" has very different implications.

• Like 5
  • Haha 5

3 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

356823900_6554993051210983_8141641375605360171_n.jpg.b7efd02680c213df11871b6c5973bb1c.jpg

I think the closest Conan ever gets to fighting a Mythos being is in the second movie, Conan the Destroyer - the big bad at the end is called Dagoth (a "dreaming" god who, if ever awakened, would end the world? <cough, cough>), and is clearly Mythos-inspired.

• Like 5

31 minutes ago, CaptainPete said:

mmm, yeah but boomers weren't always designed to pass for human, only special models that were intended for spy ops stuff.  Replicants requried a very special test to tell the difference.

• Like 8

RTB Pro-Tips! In Loving Memory ❤️ SKU#01695 Cathy Wappel Tribute! 7-12-23.  Started at 11:31 AM.

https://www.twitch.tv/reaperminiatures

ETA: Anne suffered an injury while on vacation when Kiki made an unexpected move, jumping off a steep slope, and caused her to fall.  She was holding her dog's leash and her feet were against a curb and unable to adjust in time.  The fall bruised her hip and strained her neck.  She's doing well enough to paint today, though. 👍

Edited by Serenity
  • Like 4

WOOF FOOD LOG.

I made a salad for tonight's dinner.

lamb's lettuce/Leaf Lettuce, Brown Lentils, Smoked Chicken Strips, Tomato, Grilled Zucchini, Grilled Halloumi Cheese,

Dressing: Shallot/Garlic/Pepper/Salt in Olive Oil/Red Wine Vinegar.

Garnished with fresh Basil

IMG-20230712-WA0000.jpg

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 8

53 minutes ago, CaptainPete said:

I suggest watching Blade Runner: Black Lotus.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, CaptainPete said:

Reminds me I have a 3D print of Priss around here somewhere I should get to assembling and painting....

• Like 6