Randomness: the 18th sequel

Chaoswolf

40 minutes ago, Corsair said:
54 minutes ago, Corsair said:

Okay, I've gone blank. What episode of TOS was this from?

The one where the Lieutenant was day dreaming about Don Juan and was almost ravished by a replicant of Don Juan. Meanwhile… Kirk and Spock had to deal with a Bengal Tiger, a blue-skirt Lt. was KIA by a Second World War fixed wing fighter that conducted a strafing run, Sulu had to deal with an armored Samurai, McCoy was killed by the Black Knight (who used a jousting Lance), but Kirk slew the Black Knight with a Smith and Wesson revolver. (Forgive me, I forget where he captured the revolver or why his phaser was out of order.)

Season One. Episode 15: Shore Leave

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had to look it up. Sulu found the revolver under a rock — no one captured it from anybody. Kirk confiscated it from Sulu. Later, communicators, hand phasers, and the ship’s transporters became disabled by a very strange “energy field” which inexplicably left tricorders operational and functioning. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

7 hours ago, Green Eyed Monsty said:

So you are admitting to being an Unspecified Entity Who Wants To Rule The world?

GEM

6 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

Maybe.

WOOF LEGAL DEPARTMENT:

OFFICIAL STATEMENT:

WOOF and any inividual member of WOOF ( Including our Brother Chaoswolf) hereby deny any incentive to rule the World as we know it.

Any rumours on that subject are nothing more than that, rumours!

WOOF will not stand for any damage to the reputation of one of our outstanding members.

Legal measures will be taken if this kind of behaviour continues.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

11 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

WOOF and any inividual member of WOOF ( Including our Brother Chaoswolf) hereby deny any incentive to rule the World as we know it.

So you want to change the world  first then rule it.  Understandable.  As is, it's a real fixer upper. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

2 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

Who rules the world?

2094792034_download(1).jpg.13cebcd7b769e18c2bf1d58ad55bf512.jpg

:devil:

Obviously the answer ^••^ is cats. 

1 hour ago, Cygnwulf said:

Definately.  I think the thing I most remember from this episode is this though:
image.png.8325d8b8500dfb2cc96158466c1234d5.png

This screen grab is not from Shore Leave. That is Dr McCoy enjoying a Mint Julep. In Shore Leave McCoy was pestered by a large white rabbit, two hawt replicant chorus girls, and the lovely Yeoman Barrow.  

But he did not think of Mint Juleps (at least that we saw) during Shore Leave

McCoy has a Mint Julep in the episode where Spock has a girlfriend:

hqdefault.jpg

Leila!  Played by Jill Ireland. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

20 hours ago, Cranky Dog said:

Reminds me that Bombshell Miniatures have "Cyber Knights" *and* a cyber detective.

20012_CyberKnights__44936.1597689835.jpg

02Krissy__65143.1615589699.jpg

10079_TyraOlds__00785.1594393614.jpg?c=2

These have been on my list FOR YEARS but I keep forgetting about them when I have money...

14 hours ago, TGP said:

The one where the Lieutenant was day dreaming about Don Juan and was almost ravished by a replicant of Don Juan. Meanwhile… Kirk and Spock had to deal with a Bengal Tiger, a blue-skirt Lt. was KIA by a Second World War fixed wing fighter that conducted a strafing run, Sulu had to deal with an armored Samurai, McCoy was killed by the Black Knight (who used a jousting Lance), but Kirk slew the Black Knight with a Smith and Wesson revolver. (Forgive me, I forget where he captured the revolver or why his phaser was out of order.)

Season One. Episode 15: Shore Leave

Correct. However, the answer to your question...

12 hours ago, TGP said:

I had to look it up. Sulu found the revolver under a rock — no one captured it from anybody. Kirk confiscated it from Sulu. Later, communicators, hand phasers, and the ship’s transporters became disabled by a very strange “energy field” which inexplicably left tricorders operational and functioning. 

He found the revolver because he had an interest in old weapons. I re-watched TOS a few years ago and I clearly remember the line. I don't know why it got stuck in my head...

3 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

Who rules the world?

2094792034_download(1).jpg.13cebcd7b769e18c2bf1d58ad55bf512.jpg

:devil:

There's actually an old short story about a dog from an earth spaceship getting left behind on an alien planet. They figure out how to communicate with it and the fact that it loves its master so much contributes to peace between humans and the aliens, when they come back to rescue the dog. The dogs also become wildly popular with the aliens. I'll be damned if I can remember the name of the story or the author...

25 minutes ago, TGP said:

Obviously the answer ^••^ is cats. 

This screen grab is not from Shore Leave. That is Dr McCoy enjoying a Mint Julep. In Shore Leave McCoy was pestered by a large white rabbit, two hawt replicant chorus girls, and the lovely Yeoman Barrow.  

But he did not think of Mint Juleps (at least that we saw) during Shore Leave

McCoy has a Mint Julep in the episode where Spock has a girlfriend:

hqdefault.jpg

Leila!  Played by Jill Ireland. 

As yes, the alien pot plants that... "spurt" all over people. A real classic. Also another episode where Kirk and Spock get into a fight.

• Like 5