Randomness: the 18th sequel

Chaoswolf

3 hours ago, Froggy the Great said:

My son has a praying mantis named Timothy the All-Devouring for a pet.  We fed him (Timothy) a moth last night.  The moth could not be reached for comment.

In CT, the praying mantis is the state insect. It's not only illegal to keep them as pets or to kill them, but it's also illegal to bother, pester, or in any other way inconvenience them.

If one lands on you, you're required to ignore it until it goes away unless you can humanely convince it to move to somewhere else.

• Like 3
  • Confused 4

• Replies 11.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

During Anne's stream, Kwindy said there will be no Crafty Creative stream today.  She believes the plan is to have a Reaper Live tonight (two weeks in a row since we had one last week), but has not had that confirmed yet.   

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Serenity said:

During Anne's stream, Kwindy said there will be no Crafty Creative stream today.  She believes the plan is to have a Reaper Live tonight (two weeks in a row since we had one last week), but has not had that confirmed yet.   

Not just today, unfortunately the Crafty Creative stream has been discontinued entirely.

Jon confirmed that Reaper Live is still planned for tonight, barring any technical issues.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, chaosscorpion said:

Except that is a Female Preying Mantis, Males tend to be brown.

Hmmm, I didn't know that. I guess that means the few times I've encountered one, it was a female. 

(Although, considering their mating habits, I guess that's not all that surprising)

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Mad Jack said:

In CT, the praying mantis is the state insect. It's not only illegal to keep them as pets or to kill them, but it's also illegal to bother, pester, or in any other way inconvenience them.

If one lands on you, you're required to ignore it until it goes away unless you can humanely convince it to move to somewhere else.

A couple years back I was mowing the yard and saw something move out of the corner of my eye.  I turned to look, but saw nothing.  I continue mowing and swear I see something move again!  I turn, looking a little more "down" this time, and notice a tiny praying mantis riding on my shoulder!  Pirates and their parrots be damned, I've got my own mantis.

It didn't hang out long, though.  By the time I'd crossed the yard a couple more times it had moved on.

• Like 6