Randomness: the 18th sequel

Chaoswolf

• Replies 11.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cruise vacation begins in a week. Miami/Aruba//Bonaire/DR/Miami. Carnival’s drinking age follows US rules (21) but the island stops are all 18 (barring the cruise line owned resorts probably). Kids may be interested in that. Course the older one is a senior in college, so you just KNOW he’s never had a drop. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

Well, we are on vacation, heading for Atlantic City NJ and while driving through Virginia today, our car threw a rod in the engine! Only 60K miles on it and runs [ran?] great until today. Anyway it is under warranty, so now we are trying to find out tomorrow about a loaner car to finish our trip. Anyway, we are safe and in a nice hotel tonight.

• Like 1
  • Sad 7

I did not know some of my neighbors were French.*  That is the only acceptable reason for one of them to be setting off fireworks at this very moment. 

*I sincerely doubt they are or are even actually aware it's Bastille Day at all.  Just broccoli heads

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

3 hours ago, ejala said:

*I sincerely doubt they are or are even actually aware it's Bastille Day at all.

BBC News had footage of the fireworks being launched from the Eiffel Tower. 

Did you know it was initially called The 300 Metre Tower?  It wasn’t called the Eiffel Tower until after Eiffel died. 

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

327552495_891578388959437_6260047895643365646_n.jpg.182eee19777e400918a9b92973c9fe42.jpg

I have actually seen a set of these.

They are a bit awkward to navigate the first few times.

I visited the real House of the Seven Gables while touring colleges in Massachusetts. The servant's stairs were a little like that, only just one half.  The stairs were that tall and narrow.  I'm short and plump, mom moreso.  She barely managed to make it upstairs. I think I resorted to using my hands and feet to crawl. These would have been easier. 

• Like 5

19 hours ago, ejala said:

I did not know some of my neighbors were French.*  That is the only acceptable reason for one of them to be setting off fireworks at this very moment. 

*I sincerely doubt they are or are even actually aware it's Bastille Day at all.  Just broccoli heads

While trying to reacquaint myself again with graveyard shift again last night there was a bunch of pops here as well. Oddly what followed afterwards was life-flight services. I'm not sure if those were related as LF flights were rather quickly afterwards.

6 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

327552495_891578388959437_6260047895643365646_n.jpg.182eee19777e400918a9b92973c9fe42.jpg

I have actually seen a set of these.

They are a bit awkward to navigate the first few times.

I think we have a word for those here: Ankle-biters...::D:

• Like 4
  • Confused 1