Randomness: the 18th sequel

Chaoswolf

Well, the car's engine was toast, but it would be covered under warranty. However, it would be 3-4 weeks before it would be done. We had been planning on replacing the car next year, so we wound up trading it in on a brand new Tucson. Pretty nicely decked out, LadyC loves it, so that turned out well. So we did lose about a day of vacation working all that out, but we made it safely.

However the timeshare we are at in Atlantic City has some definite "challenges". This bunch can not figure out how to keep elevators running efficiently and their parking garage is totally screwed up. Anyway, we will be with family and loved ones shortly, so that is the main reason we are here.

• Like 5
  • Confused 2

• Replies 11.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 7/14/2023 at 1:55 PM, haldir said:

359807818_658831576276810_91516341656851

July 13, 1984. 39 years ago....I need to watch this one again.

I have it on dvd in a 4-pack that also includes Dune, Flash Gordon and Battlestar Galactica... I watched it about six months ago.

On 7/15/2023 at 10:01 AM, Chaoswolf said:

327552495_891578388959437_6260047895643365646_n.jpg.182eee19777e400918a9b92973c9fe42.jpg

I have actually seen a set of these.

They are a bit awkward to navigate the first few times.

As the reigning local Q-bert champion for several years, I have absolutely no problem with those kinds of stairs...

• Like 8

3 hours ago, TGP said:

Who else is we?

:blink: :unsure: :blink: :unsure:

Ankle-biter is also used to describe very young children or possibly a small, aggressive dog. The idea is that both small children and dogs are so small that they can only reach one's ankles. This slang term emerged around the 1950s.

Aedes mosquitoes are also called "ankle-biters" due to their behavior of frequently biting people near the feet.

:blink:

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Thoramel said:

Fun fact, every part of cattails are edible at different times of the year. The "corn dog" looking bit is the flower and before it gets to that stage it can be removed from its protective sheath of leaves and roasted. When it gets to the stage pictured the pollen can be harvested and used as a 1:1 substitute for flour. No idea how well they go with mustard though. 

Also, trust me when I say those aren't just in the south. They are literally everywhere in the north as well. 

If you want more info on how they were traditionally used by the Anishinaabe, read "Braiding Sweetgrass". 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

17 hours ago, CaptainPete said:

I met my mom's kitten today and she was not a fan of me. She'd sniff me, look at me, and bolt if I tried to touch her. However, she also walked between my legs to play with my shoe laces. So... Typical cat...

She probably wanted you to chase her and play.   If she didn't like you she'd hiss and back away. 

Raining here again, we needed it.  Had a wild storm Friday afternoon that knocked down a lot of trees and branches and took out power across the city.  Crews are still working on getting it restored today.   No injuries but a number of people have trees in their living rooms or power lines down in the street. 

Went to a local game con yesterday. Not much going on, a few D&D games and a lot of board games being played.  Lots of dice vendors and 3d printed stuff for sale.  Glad we only got the 1-day pass.  

IMG_20230715_142149191.jpg.d5a32441e9ce2050f9bfd4d47d1e0e67.jpg

• Like 11

18 minutes ago, TGP said:

Do you want them to remake the movie? Do a sequel?

Unless you have somebody like a George Lucas with bags of money and an urge to tinker with a pet story, such as has been done with Star Wars, the only way a move like Last Starfighter would be reworked is for a complete remake.

GEM

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, TGP said:

Currently impossible given the strike going on. 

You're thinking short term about something that would be a multi-year process.

The parties currently involved in the strikes you refer to will have long settled the differences under, shall we say "negotiation", long before such a remake would be ready to go onto actual production.

GEM

• Like 7

1 hour ago, TGP said:

Do you want them to remake the movie? Do a sequel?

If they did do a remake or sequel-remake, one take could be his son (or daughter) is called upon to do what he did in the first movie. How he (she) is contacted I have no idea but that would be the most logical way to do a sequel.

• Like 6