Randomness: the 18th sequel

Chaoswolf

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

Everything is so weird with new glasses. It's going to be killing my eyes tonight.

Ah, that makes more sense now. 

I got a quote for my new wrap sunglasses.  Eep is the main word that comes to mind, but I was kind of expecting it.  Still sucks though, because that's a decently expensive amount of cash, but after searching for several months my optometrist did indeed find a pair through one of the companies he works with, and they'll be holding them for me until I'm able to pay. 

Yeah, they're pretty much exactly what I thought they'd cost with the options I want (Zeiss lenses, polarized, and mirrored), but it still sucks to have to cough up that level of cash.  I'd rather get shiny things, not shiny things I put on my face, but on the flipside, it should eliminate any issues of light getting in the sides, which is a very, very bad thing for me. 

• Like 7

9 hours ago, chaosscorpion said:

When I attended my 1st ReaperCon in 2013 Vince took a number of us (freshmen: Adrift, Sanael, Guywithcoolbackpack, ) under his wing and showed us the ins and outs of a ReaperCon making that first experience even better.  Seeing him each subsequent ReaperCon was like seeing an old friend.  I know I missed him the last couple years but was always looking forward that he may be at the next one.

You will be missed! 

Yah that was a fun evening at Twin Peaks (& at the factory later) 🍻

• Like 5

11 hours ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

Everything is so weird with new glasses. It's going to be killing my eyes tonight.

Oh, absolutely. I know exactly what you're talking about. My glasses broke 2 weeks ago, and I'd been waiting for them to get repaired and back to me. In the meantime, I couldn't find my spare pair ( I put them somewhere 'safe' ), but I did manage to come across my 'third string' pair of glasses. The prescription is way out of date, and they're kinda scratched up, but they're better than nothing. I got my glasses back Thursday afternoon, and I think I might've gotten used to them again, finally.

• Like 8

10 minutes ago, Chaoswolf said:

Wow.:blink:

Did whatever's inside survive?

Shockingly, yes. The seller wrapped the item in 2 layers of bubble wrap & it was stuck in the larger area that wasn't smooshed. The item was the space galleon prepainted mini (a large size base but with a flight stand). Luckily Wizkids is using the thicker flight poles now or I think this one wouldn't have made it. Good thing, as I paid a bit of a premium for it.

• Like 11