Randomness: the 18th sequel

Chaoswolf

6 hours ago, Last Knight said:

...it's weird how life seems to keep throwing connections at you sometime.

I just painted up the "green ooze victim" I picked up from Johnny Lauck's last Kickstarter (anthropomorphic animals... think I backed it mainly for Dungeon Dressing tho). Looked up said Kickstarter to see how many of those figures I had and what other info I could get about them... Johnny suddenly popped up (for the first time in years) to update said Kickstarter with a comment saying Turnkey Miniatures has most of the old molds from that Kickstarter and those old days... and here you are, bringing them up.

Interestingly, Turnkey Miniatures isn't the only mini company local to me despite living in southeastern Connecticut...

Simtac, which produced the Kryomek and Macho Women With Guns ranges, was also local. And their successor company, MSD Games, still operates out of the same location.

• Like 10

• Replies 11.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We had a BIG thunderstorm here last night. About 3 hours of "toad-strangling" downpour that knocked the power out for several hours. Thankfully no damage here and it has cooled the heat down from running near 100F to predicted mid 80s today.Fiddled around with the model railroad yesterday, checked out a new locomotive that arrived while I was gone, turned out to be a very good runner.

• Like 11

29 minutes ago, Pegazus said:

Oh, three hour meeting with no input from me the day after vacation? Thank you!

The Universe has a quirky, perhaps cruel sense of humor…

Is a meeting where you provide no input a good thing ? Am I miss reading this?

_______

At a cube farm far, far, away, (and since razed to the ground I might add) we once had a meeting that ran a full hour, which was nothing but 68 PowerPoint slides that all looked identical (because of mandated corporate template). Each slide was a portion of the master organization chart. The OverBoss had to explain each page to us for reasons clear only to him. My little group turned up on page 47.  The guy two steps above me had his name in a box near the bottom of that page. (My name was not on there, nor the Lead of my little group, but the next guy up the food chain from him was there.)  

It was quite the org chart! Sooooooo many boxes!

• Like 2
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

36 minutes ago, TGP said:

The Universe has a quirky, perhaps cruel sense of humor…

Is a meeting where you provide no input a good thing ? Am I miss reading this?

_______

Good thing. I have no inputs to give. Too new on the project to know exactly what they are talking about, and the meeting is meant for upper management. I am there to represent engineering but an too far down the food chain to be called on. 

So, get on a phone call for three hours with no duties yet they keep paying me. Can’t read emails because then I won’t be paying attention to the meeting. 

• Like 10

I have done nothing but chill on the couch today & look at the internet on my laptop. About the most I've done is go outside & feed the squirrels their nuts for the day. I do need to get up though, as I need to put back together the weekly gaming stuff, so I don't have to do that tomorrow. I hate packing all of it on Weds, just a bit too much for me.

Oh well, vacation right?

• Like 9

4 hours ago, Green Eyed Monsty said:

In the barn, right next to the Hippopotamus.

🎵 I want a Hippopotamus for Christmas. . . . . .🎵

GEM

A friend of mine played that song so often one year a couple of us went on a search for a hippopotamus.  It was amazing what you could find in a mall in the 80's. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

3 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

I don't wanna go back to work tomorrow!!

I'm really wishing I hadn't gone back to work TODAY. Metaphorical fires I was expecting, as happens every time I take a long vacation, but a 5-alarm metaphorical firestorm on top of the expected post-vacation stuff made me want to run all the way back to Denton on foot. 

I was about halfway through my inbox when I got asked to help at the front desk. I figured it was to cover a lunch or a quick break, no big deal. No, instead it turned out that 2/3 of the front desk staff were out sick, and the gal that was left is half-useless on a good day. Better yet, this was one of our "complicated patient immunization" days, with lots of complicated insurance paperwork and informing people on fixed incomes that they will have a copay for their shots that they think will be free but were misinformed by a pharmacy/physician/family member. Better yet, I haven't done any of this stuff in a year and a half and was panicked the whole time that I had forgotten a Very Important Form that needed a client signature. 

Also also, all 4 of the front desk computers were experiencing work-stopping problems, which additionally complicated things, and meant that our IT department was also not having a good day. 

So my entire day way spent in a tornado of paperwork and cranky people and computer errors and endless inane phone conversations and I just want to crawl under the bed and hide. Not the way I wanted to spend my first full day back and I'm very annoyed that my happy bubbly post-con energy got sucked away so quickly. And I still have to deal with the rest of the work stuff that built up over last week. :zombie:

I'm confident things will be much better by Friday, but it was a very rough transition back to the real world! 

Huzzah! 

--OneBoot 🙂

Edited by OneBoot
  • Like 2
  • Sad 18