Jump to content

Randomness: the 18th sequel


Chaoswolf
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • Moderator
6 hours ago, Last Knight said:

Sooooo, hypothetically speaking, if I redid Boldly Into Darkness Go for Dungeon Dwellers and ran it at a Reapercon... who might be interested?

Hypothetically

 

1 hour ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

I'll be your huckleberry

What he said.

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 11k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

Did I miss the other bubblehead at the con!?

Technically yes, but to be fair its been a very long time since I've made an appearance. I'm pretty sure I did recognized you but you seemed busy with family (?) so I didn't want to be a bother.

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I hobbied.
 

Got some Bones zombie figures finished that have been sitting on my painting desk since November. I was so disappointed with the figure mold lines that it sapped all my motivation. That’s a clue that I should focus on higher quality stuff unless I’m wanting to just slap paint on a figure. 

Edited by Pegazus
  • Like 11
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Pegazus said:

I hobbied.
 

Got some Bones zombie figures finished that have been sitting on my painting desk since November. I was so disappointed with the figure mold lines that it sapped all my motivation. That’s a clue that I should focus on higher quality stuff unless I’m wanting to just slap paint on a figure. 

I'm trying to work through my massive Bones backlog right now and, yeah. It's exhausting.  Speedpaints help, but the shallow details and mold lines and soft, bendy parts are... frustrating.

 

On the other hand, I'm clumsy and not having to worry when I spike one onto the work table or drop it under my chair has been nice...20230909_213313.thumb.jpg.1979cf81808000e0a73ae213cb248268.jpg20230909_213257.thumb.jpg.1513ec7ced7febbffb3109f2aabd96d2.jpg

  • Like 13
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Last Knight said:

I'm trying to work through my massive Bones backlog right now and, yeah. It's exhausting.  Speedpaints help, but the shallow details and mold lines and soft, bendy parts are... frustrating.

 

 

Some were definitely better produced than others.  The bendier ones benefit from a coat of brush on primer.   Your elves look good, those guys are a dream to paint. 

 

  • Like 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

My thinking when it comes to Bones is you get what you pay for. However, that doesn't mean that they're terrible. They're a low cost product, which means that they can't be held to the standard of something that costs twice as much. I really appreciate Bones and I use them for baddies, hordes, and just stuff I can throw down on the table quickly. Of course, there's the new USA stuff, which has the absolute worst lines and flash to deal with. Thankfully, it's pretty rare.

 

For the latest on the mailbox drama, I went to the post office yesterday and picked up my one letter and three packages. I was going to ask about the lack of notice but, right after I got to the counter, about a dozen people formed a line behind me, so I didn't want to take up too much time. Since I'll be doing a weekly trip now, I'll have plenty of chances to ask.

When the teen was dropped off to help me with my madness, I mean moving things around in my apartment, I got my sign. I put it up last night while I headed out to the convenience store and it was still up the last time I went outside. We'll see if it's still up when I go to work tonight.

 

Okay, I'm tired. I stirred up so much dust yesterday, moving things around, that I couldn't sleep yesterday. I really should do more to put everything back together, but I just do not have the energy... :zombie:

  • Like 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, CaptainPete said:

…I got my sign. I put it up last night while I headed out to the convenience store and it was still up the last time I went outside…

What does the sign say?  I am not recalling the details from your earlier post. 
 

(You’d think the apartment management would put up a sign?  Or the USPO?)

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, CaptainPete said:

My thinking when it comes to Bones is you get what you pay for. However, that doesn't mean that they're terrible. They're a low cost product, which means that they can't be held to the standard of something that costs twice as much. I really appreciate Bones and I use them for baddies, hordes, and just stuff I can throw down on the table quickly. Of course, there's the new USA stuff, which has the absolute worst lines and flash to deal with. Thankfully, it's pretty rare.

 

For the latest on the mailbox drama, I went to the post office yesterday and picked up my one letter and three packages. I was going to ask about the lack of notice but, right after I got to the counter, about a dozen people formed a line behind me, so I didn't want to take up too much time. Since I'll be doing a weekly trip now, I'll have plenty of chances to ask.

When the teen was dropped off to help me with my madness, I mean moving things around in my apartment, I got my sign. I put it up last night while I headed out to the convenience store and it was still up the last time I went outside. We'll see if it's still up when I go to work tonight.

 

Okay, I'm tired. I stirred up so much dust yesterday, moving things around, that I couldn't sleep yesterday. I really should do more to put everything back together, but I just do not have the energy... :zombie:

Are you aware of any Post Office Regulations that may be used to "encourage" property management to act faster in resolving this matter?

If not, perhaps a conversation with your local Post Master or Postal Inspector is in order.

GEM

8 minutes ago, Green Eyed Monsty said:

 

 

Edited by Green Eyed Monsty
  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

Yup, Bones definitely has it's good points and it's bad ones. Overall I'm a fan, though.

Don't get me wrong, I very much prefer them for playing figures. Lighter weight to transport and fewer worries about damage, plus they're still about half the price of resin or metal. They can just be a right pain in the rear to paint up, especially the earlier ones.

  • Like 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Pegazus said:

I hate running out of frogs. 

 

You may want to consider ways to end up spending less time inside them then.

 

 

 

 

 (And where the hell do you live that they regularly get big enough to stand up in?)

 

 

Edited by Mad Jack
  • Like 1
  • Haha 13
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...