Randomness: the 18th sequel

Chaoswolf

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I /need/ to get up and make lunch. I am hungry. I no metaphorical spoons to do.

I am finally painting again. I started yesterday. I also have no spoons to do it today. I set up at about 10 am. It is now almost 1pm and I've done nothing.

I'm going to prime and assemble some things and see if that gets me going.

• Like 10
  • Sad 2

3 minutes ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

this looks more like using the chips as a cat brush.  But the inside of the computer is probably filthy anyways.

I wouldn't be surprised to see enough cat hair inside to degrade the cooling to the point where performance is starting to degrade.

GEM

• Like 6

UGH. This is a summary of a conversation I had today. 

Customer: Someone broke into my teller this weekend, and I need a new door. 
Me: OK, do you have the version of door with the flat decal and blue keypads, or the version with the 3d fiberglass and red keypads? *
Customer: I'm not at the wash right now, but I'm pretty sure I have the flat version with blue keypads.  
Me: OK, please send me a picture as soon as you can, so I can make sure to quote the right parts. 

Just received picture.  He has the 3d fiberglass version with red keypads.  Although, to be fair, there is enough mud caked on the front that the red isn't entirely visible. 

*if you need further context, we have a product that has two versions - both have stainless steel door panels, and all the same functions, one just looks prettier. The less expensive version has slightly smaller blue keypads on top of what is effectively a big blue decal, while the more expensive version has a 3d dimensional fiberglass façade in a granite color bolted to the stainless steel door, with red keypads. 

• Like 11

5 hours ago, Morihalda said:

It's nice to see the Randomness thread still here, even if it is a little quieter! Hi friends 💜

Welcome back! You were missed at RCon.

My son had his wisdom teeth pulled today. Total of 3 teeth got pulled, so he's a bit loopy like normal. Hopefully recovery is quick for him. Now, maybe he won't be so cranky all the time. :;): (he's 21).

• Like 9

3 hours ago, SparrowMarie said:

I also have no spoons to do it today. I set up at about 10 am. It is now almost 1pm and I've done nothing.

Hey, you got set up, that counts as something.  

I'm barely up to full spoons myself after the con.

2 hours ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

this looks more like using the chips as a cat brush.  But the inside of the computer is probably filthy anyways.

Those look so old it may not matter if they are used to brush the cat. 

As for me, broccoli broccoli home valuation, broccoli broccoli meeting with county on Friday, broccoli tax assessment broccoli class action lawsuit with elves on top.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 9

29 minutes ago, ShadowRaven said:

So. Show of hands. Who here can forget a major project, in between getting ready for it, and actually having to do it, over the course of the same morning, Just me? Okie dokie...

I can get up. walk into another room to get something, and forget why I'm in that room.

So forgetting about a project is just "Situation Normal, All Fouled Up".

GEM

• Like 11