Randomness: the 18th sequel

Chaoswolf

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Green Eyed Monsty said:

The "Lost X-Wing" has been found and is now up for auction.

Spoilered for possible advertising content

If you've got an extra $400,000 lying around you may make an opening bid.

GE<

That's great!  Let me see...

**checks bank account**

No, I guess I won't be bidding.

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

Well that was quite the day yesterday.

One of my best friends got diagnosed with sarcoidosis

My girl's brother got diagnosed with acoustic neuroma.

To top things off I have found that I need to replace the joints of the basement stairs ( cement) groundwater is seeping through.

Going to repair that.

And Brutus got a minor wound on his shoulder,  will have it checked out today by the Vet.

So far a wonderful week...

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Sad 15

7 hours ago, Green Eyed Monsty said:

I would sincerely like to know where this is:

wildlife-crossing.jpg.cad610747d67a9c021519c4b71c7c3dd.jpg

Geese sized similar to dragons and as tall as a unicorn's withers?  I'm pretty sure I want to know where that is so I can avoid it! 

(Given the ferocity noted in early unicorn accounts and the nature of the other two, I bet that that's Australia. )

• Haha 11

Yuck. One of my interns showed up this morning acting super hungover and smelling like he hasn't bathed in days. We're on our way to a landfill, and I still think he's the grossest thing I'm going to smell all day. He keeps acting like we're going to hire him again next summer. I think he's going to be in for a surprise. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 14

3 hours ago, ejala said:

Geese sized similar to dragons and as tall as a unicorn's withers?  I'm pretty sure I want to know where that is so I can avoid it! 

(Given the ferocity noted in early unicorn accounts and the nature of the other two, I bet that that's Australia. )

Since the classical Unicorn is considered to be approximately the same size as a goat, that relative scale seems to be pretty accurate.

As to the dragon, two possibilities.  Either it is a dragon sized as in some of the early depictions of St. George slaying the dragon, OR, size adjustment has been made in order to make it fit the signage.

GEM

Addendum:  If the Geese are depicted in size relative to a modern day sized Unicorn, IE closer to horse sized, those are going to be some Very Large Geese, and most likely with tempers to match. 

1 hour ago, Chaoswolf said:

So would I. I'd consider moving there.

At a minimum, trail cams so we can document them and start to study them.

GEM

Edited by Green Eyed Monsty
Tentacles
  • Like 6

12 minutes ago, Green Eyed Monsty said:

Since the classical Unicorn is considered to be approximately the same size as a goat, that relative scale seems to be pretty accurate.

The medieval unicorn was sized like a goat.  Herodotus' was a bloody great rhino.  I don't want to be near the rhino geese.  

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, ejala said:

The medieval unicorn was sized like a goat.  Herodotus' was a bloody great rhino.  I don't want to be near the rhino geese.  

Nor do I.

I live in an area where the Canadian Geese winter over on every lake, pond, golf course, and park so don't even want to imagine the sort of havoc and carnage those rino sized beasties would cause.

• Like 8

I have no drama to update today. At least, I hope not. I did discover that the city's non-emergency line is now an automated nightmare and I hate it. I am dealing with a serious issue, I don't need to "speak clearly" and have to figure out how to re-phrase things so the Soon-To-Become-Skynet thing can get me the help I need. I swear... <_<

In better news, one of bosses got some minis from a KS he backed a while back. Since his partner is a professional art restorer, she's going to paint them up for him. So, we've been having his running conversation and text chain about getting her started on the road down of painting. I've recommended the LTPK from here to get started and using Gesso as a primer, as they also live in an apartment and I'm pretty sure she's familiar with it.

Now, to keep trying to make my apartment habitable. It's like playing Jenga but with more breakable items and something I can actually do...

• Like 10