Randomness: the 18th sequel

Chaoswolf

Nice! I wanted to donate to the Motive8 foundation before this Saturday's Oregon Ducks game, but I didn't think there was still time left. Oregon plays Hawaii & Marcus Mariotta's (former Ducks QB & Hawaii native) foundation is giving 1,000 kids a chance to go to the game this weekend. A donation of $25 gives a kid a ticket to the game & a special t-shirt. I figured it's my way of saying "Go Ducks!".

• Like 9

• Replies 10.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So Thursday is a "work from the office" day.  But now I'm back home, finally eating lunch an hour after I bought it.

There's "a bit" of a fire across the harbour....enough to make the news: https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-brunswick/aim-fire-saint-john-1.6966339

Air quality was bad enough to close some schools and such in the area.  So I was out at lunch to buy some food.  Air wasn't bad at all, only smoke I smelt was "recreational".  Got back and sat down to eat and they sent everyone home.....

• Like 4
  • Sad 6

Nonrestorable inventory at a fire job today... half the day done and we're just now getting started because the homeowner has a lockbox on their front door, behind a locked storm door. Had to wait for her to finish an appointment and unlock the storm door for us to gain access to the house, by which time it was lunch. 

• Like 7

Home Depot for the Halloween win!

I should have taken a pic but dang, what a fantastic display they have going on. Allot of yard decor & other fun things. It seems like stacked skulls are the item of the moment thing this year.

Best thing that stood out was a 7 or 8 foot tall gargoyle thing.

• Like 9

On 9/11/2023 at 7:08 PM, TGP said:

I'm sorry I can't get this box to go away on mobile but of course it deleted the ones I WANTED to quote haha

On 9/11/2023 at 7:13 PM, Chaoswolf said:

shutterstock_139152893.jpg.73d49c90616f409c10366e3f4466e27c.jpg

Yeeeeees party! 

And yes!! Thorn has THE biggest ears I'd ever seen on a big dog haha! The folks in my cross stitch server were always clamoring for photos of the "boy with the eeaaaaars" and nicknaming him Jackal and Anubis! 

But I named him after the Hawthorn tree! Unlucky for some, like how some folks see black animals, but those trees were also for protection in old lore too! 

Speaking of trees, I'm gonna go for a walk before it starts raining again. Massachusetts is so tiny cute in these hurricane prediction maps compared to big old Texas 😆

Edited by Morihalda
  • Like 9

25 minutes ago, Morihalda said:
On 9/11/2023 at 6:08 PM, TGP said:

I'm sorry I can't get this box to go away on mobile but of course it deleted the ones I WANTED to quote haha

Yup. The mobile interface is hinky. And I have long suspected it varies by browser and brand of mobile. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1