Randomness: the 18th sequel

Chaoswolf

8 hours ago, kristof65 said:

They actually had a bunch of issues initially, and all but one of them were resolved by March. The remaining issue is that they can't get the gas pumps to talk to the car wash controller so they can sell wash codes at the pump.  They've called the gas pump company to try and get it working, but they won't contact their local wash equipment distributor. 

Have you advised them to get a hyper-encabulation unit?  I hear the side fumbling is greatly reduced and the machining of the ambifacient lunar-wane shaft is far more precise. It has a big effect on the panametric fan's overall efficiency.

6 hours ago, haldir said:

I may have found an upgrade to the Squirrel costume for a future ReaperCon!!

s-l1600.jpg

I like this! 

• Haha 10

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED: Replace all of the mechanical guts inside of your toilet tank and have the toilet start working properly again. 

HIDDEN ACHIEVEMENT: Break the one thing in the tank that was still working just fine so now you need to replace that too!

I never thought I would get so excited about being able to flush a toilet. It must mean I'm an adult. :lol:

I also learned that the toilet needs to be calibrated. Like, there are three different twisty things that will have some effect on the water flow into the tank, the water level in the tank, and how full the bowl gets. I don't know if I'm ready for this level of decision making!

It also begs the question: if it can be calibrated...does this mean benchmarks exist? :lol:

Huzzah! 

--OneBoot 🙂

Edited by OneBoot
  • Like 4
  • Haha 12

3 minutes ago, OneBoot said:

ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED: Replace all of the mechanical guts inside of your toilet tank and have the toilet start working properly again. 

HIDDEN ACHIEVEMENT: Break the one thing in the tank that was still working just fine so now you need to replace that too!

I never thought I would get so excited about being able to flush a toilet. It must mean I'm an adult. :lol:

I also learned that the toilet needs to be calibrated. Like, there are three different twisty things that will have some effect on the water flow into the tank, the water level in the tank, and how full the bowl gets. I don't know if I'm ready for this level of decision making!

It also begs the question: if it can be calibrated...does this mean benchmarks exist? :lol:

Huzzah! 

--OneBoot 🙂

I proclaim thee "Journeyman Plumber".

Not quite, but close.

For full Journeyman Status you have to become "up to your elbows" familiar with all the plumbing [and what it carries] on the output end of the toilet.

GEM

• Like 7

33 minutes ago, Green Eyed Monsty said:

I proclaim thee "Journeyman Plumber".

Not quite, but close.

For full Journeyman Status you have to become "up to your elbows" familiar with all the plumbing [and what it carries] on the output end of the toilet.

GEM

:lol: If it gets that bad, I'm going to pay an actual plumber to deal with it. I am quite pleased with the fact that I probably just saved us from spending money on something fairly straightforward, though.

Granted, I did call my DadBoot first (he's a plumber/pipefitter) to describe the symptoms, what I'd already tried, and what it seemed like the issue was. He concurred, and said that if I was able to figure out sprinklers, I could manage this. ^_^

Huzzah! 

--OneBoot 🙂

• Like 11

16 hours ago, CaptainPete said:
16 hours ago, aku-chan said:

Grumble..

This week is not off to a great start, first I learn one of my favourite mini ranges is pretty much dead and now I've found out that the place I get my anime/manga from is getting out of the anime/manga business.

Which one? :blink:

The mini range is Twisted. The guy behind it doesn't have enough time to work on it any more, so it's unlikely to get anything new added to it. 

• Like 7

WOOF FOOD LOG:

Saturday Dinner

Meat Ball, Fried Potatoes, Salad, Stewed Pears.

20230911_174035.jpg.253c8f1d5652522703345d850be36a53.jpg

Sunday Dinner

Greek Style Pie with Ground Beef, Feta and Veggies. Figs, Olive/Feta Salad.

20230919_174958.jpg.a4c62032d925f8ab95f48b5b43c9c025.jpg

Monday Dinner

Wrap with Argentinian Spiced Ground Beef, Veggies, Grated Cheese, Avocado and Chili Sauce

20230918_175246.jpg.afb4fd83845ccc2ceb90d642b29ed5be.jpg

Tuesday Dinner

Hamburger with Egg, Bacon, Cheese, Pickles and Iceberg Lettuce. French Fries and White Beans in Tomato Sauce.

20230914_175905.jpg.3ca709d56e47ff0b3aba51fdda521b36.jpg

Wednesday Dinner.

• Like 9

16 hours ago, Last Knight said:

Not gonna lie, my intention if I ever hit the lottery* is to open a book/games/coffee shop that would open, essentially, when I felt like it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

*not that I play

Other than the coffee part, this is my lottery fantasy too.  Used books on one side of the store, games and hobyy stuff on the other side, playing space in the back.  If I started out with, say, $50 million in the bank, I could take annual losses of a million a year and still stay open for fifty years.  But I feel like I could probably keep the losses a lot lower than that.

• Like 10

21 hours ago, Mad Jack said:

Just discovered that they've hired a second new person for our shift, which means that in two weeks it'll almost be like we're a real shift, lol...  :rolleyes:

Well, so much for that....

Just found out the new guy is going to the other facility down the road from us... Grrrrrr... :rolleyes:

Edited by Mad Jack
  • Like 4
  • Sad 6