Randomness: the 18th sequel

Chaoswolf

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Back in the burned out house I mentioned last week (the one from which the ice cream man saved my sanity), inventorying content as nonrestorable (house was a total loss). Found a wad of $50 bills in a piece of inner tube rubber banded together in a trash can. 🤪 I get woofed at by admin because it takes me a while to go through inventorying content - but then something like this occurs and suddenly everyone remembers why it takes so long to inventory content. 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

On 9/27/2023 at 3:18 PM, Pegazus said:

I have delusions of being one of the back row chess pieces, but this week has me doubting that. 

I tell myself that I'm not one of the pieces, I'm the guy that turns the board... And I just don't turn it because I'm lazy. ::P:

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

1 hour ago, sumbloke said:

This hits close to home as my ReaperCon alternate persona is "The Headmaster of a world famous school of Magic And Wizardry"

We are saddened by the news.

GEM

• Like 1
  • Sad 7

Learned on Reaper”LIVE”:

A “cakewalk” is a dance or was originally a dance with a dance completion. First prize was a Cake. (If you and your partner placed first, they would say that you: “took the cake”.  Or someone might exclaim: “that takes the cake!”)

Never have I ever: witnessed an authentic cakewalk. 

• Like 8

5 hours ago, TGP said:

Learned on Reaper”LIVE”:

A “cakewalk” is a dance or was originally a dance with a dance completion. First prize was a Cake. (If you and your partner placed first, they would say that you: “took the cake”.  Or someone might exclaim: “that takes the cake!”)

Never have I ever: witnessed an authentic cakewalk. 

There is an actual Cakewalk Celebration here in Nevada [and it is coming up soon] in Genoa [pronounced Ge-noa], the first settled community in Nevada.

My Bad.  It's actually called the "Genoa Candy Dance" and it was last weekend. Started as a local fundraiser in 1919 to purchase street lights and has become an ongoing festival.

GEM

Edited by Green Eyed Monsty
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

I have vague childhood memories of cakewalk contest fundraisers in school.  Kinda like musical chairs.  Everyone march in a circle around the cakes, and if you stopped in a space that had one when they cut the music, you won it.  Mom would donate as she worked as a cake decorator from home.  I usually kinda wanted to win hers back.  Then I knew it would taste great. 

• Like 11