Randomness: the 18th sequel

Chaoswolf

Dragonbane rpg game was a bust. I only had one guy show up. Kinda disappointed in a friend who said he'd show up, but it is what it is.

I think I will try the game with my Weds night guys after we are done playing the alternative game & such.

• Like 8
  • Sad 1

• Replies 11k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

45 minutes ago, Sylverthorne said:

Speaking as somebody with .. uh.. I lost count how many I've got.. several will have to do .. um. What was I saying? >.>

As somebody with several hobbies.. yes. <.<

When somebody asks me what my hobbies are I tell them, "Collecting new hobbies."

• Like 2
  • Haha 10

On 9/29/2023 at 10:25 PM, TGP said:

I would be tempted to re-label the bottom middle image, simplifying it to:

WEREFOX

Isn't fox a generational reference? 

I mean, I get it, but then I was a teenager in the late 70s/early 80s when it was in heavy use. 

23 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

360096071_10159436803367045_708777473185259094_n.jpg.b1ad7845064c29a5bd829ff32d2a8801.jpg

Well, most cats do believe they are the center of the universe.   These ones are just starting to manifest the gravity well associated with being the center of a universe. 

So last week, I had to visit a local site to assist with the tear out of some old tellers and installation of new ones.   This was all discussed via a group text message on Monday that included the site, myself, the lead engineer and the software guy.  Tuesday I was on site helping with the tear out, and then back again on Thursday to assist with the firing up of the tellers.  Site & I posted several updates to this text group. 

On Thursday, the software guy is completely unprepared to assist.  At one point I walked off the job site because I was ticked off.  During a later conversation, the engineer tries to tell me he didn't learn about the installation on Thursday until Wednesday afternoon and that the software guy didn't know until he told him that morning.  Took everything I had to not yell "are you broccoling kidding me? You were on the same text message thread I was. Broccoli this, I quit.

I wound up having to go back on Friday as a result.  The engineer and software guy were still complaining that they had to work through their lunch hours and after dinner that night because of the short notice. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 9

38 minutes ago, kristof65 said:

I mean, I get it, but then I was a teenager in the late 70s/early 80s when it was in heavy use. 

Well, most cats do believe they are the center of the universe.   These ones are just starting to manifest the gravity well associated with being the center of a universe. 

So last week, I had to visit a local site to assist with the tear out of some old tellers and installation of new ones.   This was all discussed via a group text message on Monday that included the site, myself, the lead engineer and the software guy.  Tuesday I was on site helping with the tear out, and then back again on Thursday to assist with the firing up of the tellers.  Site & I posted several updates to this text group. 

On Thursday, the software guy is completely unprepared to assist.  At one point I walked off the job site because I was ticked off.  During a later conversation, the engineer tries to tell me he didn't learn about the installation on Thursday until Wednesday afternoon and that the software guy didn't know until he told him that morning.  Took everything I had to not yell "are you broccoling kidding me? You were on the same text message thread I was. Broccoli this, I quit.

I wound up having to go back on Friday as a result.  The engineer and software guy were still complaining that they had to work through their lunch hours and after dinner that night because of the short notice. 

yeah... I'd of called him on that too...
"Unfortunatley I am not at fault for you not checking your text messages until Wednesday afternoon but I can clearly see you were part of the text thread started on Monday."

People claiming they weren't notified when I know fully that they were is kind of a pet peeve for me.  Take ownership of your broccoli up, accept that you did it to yourself, and by FAR the most important,  stop making me listen to you complaining.

Edited by Cygnwulf
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

Careful, I hear that it's habit forming.

I haven't painted in a year or two. I tend to do a bunch, get burned out, do something else, and then come back to it. This time, I'm trying not to burn out... Trying to.

15 hours ago, Green Eyed Monsty said:

Actually, you have acquired a NEW Hobby, as it has been postulated that Collecting Minis and Actually Painting Minis are two different hobbies.

GEM

Well, I'll just add that to the list of other hobbies I have. :ph34r:

And, here's the amazing part, I actually finished a few. I finished one of the Hellhounds I picked up, painted up one my OG Bones from the first KS as a statue, and a Bones version of the Wild West Tin Woodsman. Everything else, as it the metal ones that require more time, is in progress.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Great Khan Artist said:

I'm not concerned that Facebook knows too much about me, that's for sure. I got an add for Sotheby's auction house's upcoming auction of Japanese art. I should be getting ads for thrift shops. 

I've had conversations about this with various people, and it seems to me like they can't really get a grasp on you if you're a writer and/or GM and/or have a lot of different hobbies/interests. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, kristof65 said:

I've had conversations about this with various people, and it seems to me like they can't really get a grasp on you if you're a writer and/or GM and/or have a lot of different hobbies/interests. 

Since I'm all three, I have to laugh at the stuff they try to advertise to me. :lol:

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, kristof65 said:

I am Pop-Culturally Challenged and defiantly proud of it.  (I wasn’t hip then and and I’m not now.)

• Like 5

2 hours ago, kristof65 said:

Yup, mine tends to be pretty bad as well, doubly so with ADHD research mode (aka hyper focus periods), although on occasion it gets me right.  Wish it would stop with the Gambody ads though. 

Amazon ads through Google are always hilariously wrong though - at least try to sell me a 3d printer or filament, but even Amazon keeps thinking I want some generic off brand PLA even when I'm searching for ABS... 

• Like 7