Randomness: the 18th sequel

Chaoswolf

• Replies 10.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

22 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

386345960_1076702196801041_7566467734271572375_n.jpg.0105e833741f3553b5e832ef499b7f9d.jpg

Still no funnier than the first time this meme was posted in this thread (or one of its earlier brethren). 

16 hours ago, CaptainPete said:

While it's a joke, he actually created what are now the Nobel Prizes.

Yup. 

Also:

18efc7c1-b641-4703-b655-5265384e3341.jpe

…the real grave ^ is much more impressive. (And there’s just the one.)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

On 10/7/2023 at 5:06 PM, Chaoswolf said:

386345960_1076702196801041_7566467734271572375_n.jpg.0105e833741f3553b5e832ef499b7f9d.jpg

1 hour ago, TGP said:

Still no funnier than the first time this meme was posted in this thread (or one of its earlier brethren). 

Sez you. 

think it's hilarious, but then I do tend to have a dark sense of humor sometimes.

• Like 6

Spoiler

It seems a bit stupid that a game like Star Wars: The Old Republic wouldn't allow character names to have numbers in them (and no punctuation beside one space, one dash and two apostrophes), but those are the current rules due to so many people using numbers and oddball characters to try to create offensive or crude names that would get past the previous rules.

The fact that you can't play as a droid is perfectly understandable, if a bit disappointing.

However...

I started out with the thinnest of the four female character bodies in the game to ensure that the end result would still be appropriately thin and stick-like.  Then I had to invest about $15 of real money in in-game microtransactions to obtain a copy of the only set of armor in the game (out of the dozen or so various "cyborg" armor sets available out of probably over a hundred sets of obtainable armor) that had both arms and both legs as robot parts, as well as the helmet from a different armor set. And I had to use "Five'c'r cr-o" as the character's actual name...

But I am now playing a droid Jedi named 5CR-CR0 - a.k.a. the tin man named "Scarecrow"... ::D:

5CR-CR0.jpg.ef2d75bd3907bc14dde974a8a588ef34.jpg

This is what happens when you tell Jack he can't do something, lol...

Edited by Mad Jack
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 9

On 10/5/2023 at 2:10 PM, Pegazus said:

Guess that’s what my job currently is. Sorting out this mess of tangled information.

I'm laughing/crying with you; that is increasingly becoming my sole job duty. I've somehow turned into "Furniture/Office Move Project Manager Extraordinaire" and I have no idea what I'm doing, but I'm doing it as hard as I can! :lol: Everyone keeps telling me I'm doing a good job, but I'm like...okay, but what is it exactly that I'm doing?! Because I'll keep doing more of that, just tell me what it is so I can teach myself how to do it better.

On 10/6/2023 at 10:34 AM, Green Eyed Monsty said:

I got home last night and when I had time to attend to my Forge of Empires game I had a Guild Member who became upset over a long standing guild Policy, threw a childish temper tantrum and basically wrecked the entire Guild.

My sympathies and empathy are with you, I had something similar happen in Elder Scrolls Online a few years ago though it was more mental illness-related. The guild leader basically had some kind of mental breakdown, sent everyone a couple of bizarre messages, took everything out of the guild bank (currency and items), and just...left, taking the guild hall with her (where all of the 100+ very expensive crafting stations were housed).

This took many months to heal from both personally and financially, and it was absolutely devastating to everyone, but most especially to the officers (including me) many of whom knew her in real life. Most of us ended up forming a different guild that adopted as many as wanted to move over, but it was still very painful, since it was one of the most tight-knit game guilds I've ever been in.

I wish you and your Guild luck as you recover from this!

On 10/7/2023 at 7:17 AM, Great Khan Artist said:

I've always wanted to write an article for a gaming magazine, and I'm looking at Church history. Lately the official historians have been collecting documents into the Joseph Smith Papers, which are free online to read. I'm going to see how much detail I can find out about the very early days when the Saints and the locals were getting into it with each other. All the super nerdy historical things: armaments, town layout, number of forces, deployment, that kind of thing. There are a number of altrications that could make a fun skirmish. Plus, I should have no problem finding friends to playtest my scenarios! 

:lol: Even being a lifelong church member myself, I never once considered looking to church history as a source for game material. What a neat idea! Let me know how it plays out, I'm curious how well it will work. What system?

Huzzah!

--OneBoot 🙂

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, OneBoot said:

I'm laughing/crying with you; that is increasingly becoming my sole job duty. I've somehow turned into "Furniture/Office Move Project Manager Extraordinaire" and I have no idea what I'm doing, but I'm doing it as hard as I can! :lol: Everyone keeps telling me I'm doing a good job, but I'm like...okay, but what is it exactly that I'm doing?! Because I'll keep doing more of that, just tell me what it is so I can teach myself how to do it better.

It sounds like you're putting out fires (not literally, of course) so you ought to go hit the gym.

Oh, and start running a few miles, too.  ::P:

In all seriousness, good luck!

• Like 4