• Replies 10.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

387028844_10161646389720763_887303809035

3 hours ago, TGP said:

@HaldirsSpellchecker …say Whut? 

Usually, I can figure out what was meant to be typed, but not this time. 

Auto-corrupter strikes again!

Phone typing, but, it was basically my 3rd guy on my crew is worthless.

• Like 8

Well, apparently today is going to act like Monday. 

Already this morning I've had to deal with:

- a site that wants to transition to a wireless internet provider, despite being repeatedly told that we don't recommend wireless internet connections for our point of sale equipment (while wireless is fine for most things, it can cause issues with credit card processing at the volumes many sites are capable of.)

- I submitted an order this morning on behalf of what appeared to be a confused Canadian customer, only to get it kicked back to me with a "WTF? How did you get involved?" from the Calgary office. Turns out the guy is trying to end run his distributor, and appears to be trying to trick us into basically giving him a Chip & Tap upgrade worth tens of thousands by claiming he was told the upgrade I'm selling him (for less than a thousand) will do that.  Fortunately for me, I've clearly stated at least twice in my email conversations with him that it is for just one specific thing, and won't do that.  The girl that kicked it back to me said he's tried this broccoli before, and we have to be really careful with him.  Looking back over our email conversation yesterday, I think he deliberately contacted us yesterday, knowing I would likely be the one working.  I did training for him a few months ago when he bought the site, so he knew I was the only US person working for the company. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 6

I have had aspirations. I have renounced them all. But, never have I **ever, aspired to be that annoying little git of a DM. 

Edited by TGP
The ~Never Have I Ever~ list just continues to grow.
  • Like 4
  • Haha 6

Continuing to bang my head against my desk today. 

Things I would like to say to the customers that I can't. 

Customer A:
"No, you moron, I don't have any earlier training appointments available than next week, and even if I did, your equipment needs to be operational and remotely accessible, something you yourself stated it wouldn't be until Friday at the earliest. "

Customer B:
"Yes, I'm restating a warning I gave you eight months ago about your intended network change potentially causing a problem. In part, because I forgot you were a jack *** about it eight  months ago when I explained the reasoning, but also because it is not a good idea, and eight months hasn't changed that fact, so even if I did remember, I would tell you again because that's my job. Oh, and so I can tell you 'I told you so' when it turns out I'm right." 

• Like 7
  • Sad 6

Put a order in today with the big A site, I debated on getting this sign, but in the end I just put in my wish list.

81WLeYigijL.__AC_SX300_SY300_QL70_FMwebp

I did get this one:

91cgATb+hML._AC_SX450_.jpg

& yes it'll be going on a gate in the front of the house. :lol:

• Like 8
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, sumbloke said:

I knew someone who did that. I don't think he got the lid embedded in the ceiling, but he did cover the ceiling with sauce.

Pressure Cooker:  $49.99

Damage to kitchen $3500 including labor, delivery, and inspection fees.

Cost of eating out for 6 weeks:  another $2000

Lesson Learned: probably not

2 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

369698627_291014073562241_7057111249462205535_n.jpg.02128c3d16beb5fb90692ac3d7e0c869.jpg

And that Cruise Ship is equipped with stabilization devices to smooth out the ride no Navy Ship has room for.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3